19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think both sides are right on this one, to be honest. Love his energy and movement, he is a player that routinely makes things happen in this side. That said, he really did not look after the ball well enough while the game was getting stretched and that is something he can definitely improve on.
Good points. I find he drifts in and out of the game too much. But his shooting is a weapon.

He's played midfield for half a season in a Pep side, when it took Foden years to gain Peps trust. Pep trusts him but I wouldn't like him in there against the top teams.

This guy has 14 goals and 9 assists already, fantastic results and huge improvement from the last season so far, considering we still have a lot to play and he will most probably increase those numbers..

Even Haaland has some problems with the first touch and that's not an issue, cause he delivers goals and assists and that's the most important thing. Cause we had player like Jesus - who was perfect in every component and still is (if you watch Arsenal game), except he couldn't deliver those stats.

I think yesterday it was Pep's mistake to play him when we had Foden, KDB, Haaland on the pitch and I had a feeling that Julian didn't have any particular role on the pitch that wasn't covered by the above mentioned three..

We needed someone like Kovacic to cover the midfield area and that would make it easier for us to stop Brentford from attacking so aggressively..

Yeah, he has the odd control here and there, but he will also have elite ones that usually end up in clear goal opportunities. Aside from that, he's low maintance, versatile, unselfish, hardworking, has a good pass and vision, elite finishing, and he's the ultimate winner. Wherever he is, the best years of a team follow him. I doubt Pep wants to lose all that.

Nobody is perfect, but like the video below says, he's World Class:

Yeah, he has the odd control here and there, but he will also have elite ones that usually end up in clear goal opportunities. Aside from that, he's low maintance, versatile, unselfish, hardworking, has a good pass and vision, elite finishing, and he's the ultimate winner. Wherever he is, the best years of a team follow him. I doubt Pep wants to lose all that.

Nobody is perfect, but like the video below says, he's World Class:

No matter how many good things he does, some people will always count the bad ones and focus on them, and even when he's playing at top level, they will always wait for those bad moments to come back, because in the end their message will remain the same "he's not an elite player, he's not good enough to play for ManCity", they've already made up their mind about Julian and they will not change it. I'm not saying that he cannot be critizised, of course he can (and should), he's not untouchable, he's not perfect, he still has things to polish.

I thought its back to the bench for him once KDB is back but even Foden playing centrally and KDB is back too and Haaland as well and Alvarez still manages to start games so clearly Pep wants to find place for him even if it means sitting all Bernardo, Doku, Grealish on the bench sometimes.

This guy has 14 goals and 9 assists already, fantastic results and huge improvement from the last season so far, considering we still have a lot to play and he will most probably increase those numbers..

Even Haaland has some problems with the first touch and that's not an issue, cause he delivers goals and assists and that's the most important thing. Cause we had player like Jesus - who was perfect in every component and still is (if you watch Arsenal game), except he couldn't deliver those stats.

I think yesterday it was Pep's mistake to play him when we had Foden, KDB, Haaland on the pitch and I had a feeling that Julian didn't have any particular role on the pitch that wasn't covered by the above mentioned three..

We needed someone like Kovacic to cover the midfield area and that would make it easier for us to stop Brentford from attacking so aggressively..
I think it's high time he scored a first half hat trick inside a ten minute spell! "Snot asking too much, is it? Mind, those bastards at the Goal Checking Star Chamber will put the third down as a Pickford oggy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.