19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
pep is disrespecting the shit out of foden, how do you watch someone drop 10/10 performances in his best position, praise him in every interview and keep talking how his future is there then put him on the touchline while a man his half his ability drops stinkers in his position?

you can understand if he did for KDB, but for alvarez? heinous.

foden has also been doing a lot more defensive work this season.
Careful, you might be labeled a biased supporter for suggesting that Pep has favorites and treats Phil differently because he's an academy player, even though it's clearly true.

He's never 'bad,' but if Foden was playing there as Julian has, do we think Pep would keep persisting that way? I certainly don't. Pep still beats a dead horse over Phil's one giveaway versus Palace that led to the penalty... I know I'll get shit on for saying he's catering to his Latin favorite, and maybe I'm being cynical, but it sure feels that way to me.
In the first half, Foden‘s pace was being used to cover Walker’s absence; he needed rest. Without Kovacic or a 100% fit de Bruyne, we need Alvarez in those pockets. We’re at the stage where the games are coming thick and fast, so selections at times will look odd, but it’s done to win games and manage a small squad.

Guardiola doesn’t have favourites and to suggest it’s down to some Latin background is illogical; why then do we have so few Spanish-speaking players?

In the first half, Foden‘s pace was being used to cover Walker’s absence; he needed rest. Without Kovacic or a 100% fit de Bruyne, we need Alvarez in those pockets. We’re at the stage where the games are coming thick and fast, so selections at times will look odd, but it’s done to win games and manage a small squad.

Guardiola doesn’t have favourites and to suggest it’s down to some Latin background is illogical; why then do we have so few Spanish-speaking players?

It's Bluemoon being Bluemoon at it best again.

It's no complete without somekind conspiracy theorist around this part of forum.

That is Foden's bread and butter, so I'm not understanding your argument.
Foden‘s close control with back to goal and upper body strength are not quite the same. Foden for me is better with the pitch ahead of him and driving into it. Alvarez and, next season Bobb, are better in the half spaces in games like today.

pep is disrespecting the shit out of foden, how do you watch someone drop 10/10 performances in his best position, praise him in every interview and keep talking how his future is there then put him on the touchline while a man his half his ability drops stinkers in his position?

you can understand if he did for KDB, but for alvarez? heinous.

foden has also been doing a lot more defensive work this season.
Let's not act like playing Phil on the wing is somehow disrespectful. He's a world class wide player.

Pep wanted to rest Bernardo and KDB, and had no Kovacic to call on. So his selection was fairly straightforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.