Re: De Jong injury to Ben Arfa

Paully said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Personally I think if Ben Arfa has any decency he will do the same and end this nonsensical wailing and hand wringing. If he doesn't and he allows this farce to continue my personal sympathy for him will fade quickly.

1st time poster and I am a Barcode!

You expect Ben Arfa to come out and say what exactly? Has de Jong issued an apology yet? He is a thug and has proven that over and over again. He went out to hit Arfa early and did exactly - just watch his trailing leg. there was no remorse when Arfa was receiving oxygen and going off on a stretcher - compare that to Shawcross when he caused the exact same injury to Ramsay.

Here's hoping he doesn't bottle Boxing day at SJP!

lol, what a c0ck

Paully said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Personally I think if Ben Arfa has any decency he will do the same and end this nonsensical wailing and hand wringing. If he doesn't and he allows this farce to continue my personal sympathy for him will fade quickly.

You expect Ben Arfa to come out and say what exactly? Has de Jong issued an apology yet? He is a thug and has proven that over and over again. He went out to hit Arfa early and did exactly - just watch his trailing leg. there was no remorse when Arfa was receiving oxygen and going off on a stretcher - compare that to Shawcross when he caused the exact same injury to Ramsay.

Nige should have broke ben arfa's fookin neck paully, if only just to give you and the rest of the jerks in the media something VALID to moan about.

It was a fair tackle, simple as that, move on.

btw, is your head still hurting from the horse nutting ya?

Nasri's getting in on the act now......

"I am very disappointed for Hatem because he is someone who I appreciate a lot.

"I have been stunned by the refereeing. When you see Hatem is leaving on a stretcher with oxygen assistance and the referee didn't send off the player...that is something that has to be changed in England.

"There has always been physical impact and there will always be. But are the players protected enough? I don't think so.

"Moreover De Jong is just like (Mark) Van Bommel, he has previous history. The referees should know those players are used to committing fouls. The referee didn't even give a free-kick."

So, essentially what you're saying Samir is that whenever an injury occurs it MUST have been the result of a foul? Ben Arfa suffered serious injury so therefore it MUST have been a foul on him. He;s got fantastic vision this Frenchman, he managed to spot that all the way from London.

What he's also suggesting is that, because De Jong has been known to commit a foul in the past, that every challenge he makes is therefore a foul. "Previous history" should, categorically NEVER be taken into consideration, you judge the incident on it's individual merits REGARDLESS of who is involved.

Gobshite.

Paully said:
SalfordCityBlue said:

De Jong will not I repeat not bottle the game at your place. You think he could be thinking oh shit I'm playing against an angry Barton and Nolan, he'll eat em for brekkie.

De Jong's shadow is actually scared of HIM

Matty said:

"I have been stunned by the refereeing. When you see Hatem is leaving on a stretcher with oxygen assistance and the referee didn't send off the player...that is something that has to be changed in England.

"There has always been physical impact and there will always be. But are the players protected enough? I don't think so.

"Moreover De Jong is just like (Mark) Van Bommel, he has previous history. The referees should know those players are used to committing fouls. The referee didn't even give a free-kick."

So, essentially what you're saying Samir is that whenever an injury occurs it MUST have been the result of a foul? Ben Arfa suffered serious injury so therefore it MUST have been a foul on him. He;s got fantastic vision this Frenchman, he managed to spot that all the way from London.

What he's also suggesting is that, because De Jong has been known to commit a foul in the past, that every challenge he makes is therefore a foul. "Previous history" should, categorically NEVER be taken into consideration, you judge the incident on it's individual merits REGARDLESS of who is involved.

Gobshite.

Nasri's opinion is no different from the thought that if some one gets killed or injured in say a car accident the motorist must be the only one at fault.

Clearly bollocks.

Paully said:
SalfordCityBlue said:

No remorse? So the 2 occasions De Jong went over to Ben Arfa when he was lying on the ground and rubbed his head in an apologetic manner shows no remorse.

I know the air is thin in Newcastle but surely it doesn't cut off the oxygen to your brain does it?

Why should De Jong make a public apology? Is Ben Arfa your cousin? He owes you and anyone else slagging him nothing. In my eyes he apologised to Ben Arfa when he was lying on the pitch. For De Jong to publically apologise for what was a good and at the same time unfortunate challenge is absolute shite!<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:46 pm --<br /><br />
Matty said:

Gobshite.

That'll be Nasri on De Jong's hitlist, lol.

On talksport now hawksbee and jacobs having a disagreement about the intent side of the challenge now. after an interview with the muen city reporter

Fair play to the chap, he stood N.d.j's corner well and put up a reasoned arguement, but whichever of these two is a chelsea fan (Hawksbee i think) flew off the handle and made himself sound very silly. The muen fella kept his cool and stood his ground.

Sick of hearing about it and seeing it now. Accident, end of. However our Nige will be given a hard time by officials and fans for the rest of the season.

(also posted in the support for dejong thread by mistake, oops)

The major downside of this (from City's perspective) is De Jong is virtually GUARANTEED to be sent off at some point this season now. A mistimed tackle, a bit late where he ctaches the man, that would (and should) have been a yellow card at most will be shown a straight red, of that I've little doubt. He'll be targetted by referees. In fact, it'll most likely be Clattenburg that does it.

I wish people would stop saying we'd all think differently if it was one of our players. I've no doubt we would but it wouldn't make us right. I don't even begrudge the Geordie's being upset with him now, although their protests at the time weren't much to write home about, they're bound to be bias as are we. Importantly though the one of the few neutral men in the stadium felt it wasn't a foul and that's all that matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.