1968/69 Supporter Complaint Letter

My Dad was 28/29 back in 68/69, and he's 82 now and never off his tablet or the internet via his mobile,so,you never know if Crumpsall Grumbler is still knockin about,i rekon he is
I
Said he'd been watching City for over 30 years so say his first game was at 8 years old would put him born late twenties. Love to see his face if he's still with us when he sees the letter again.

I
Said he'd been watching City for over 30 years so say his first game was at 8 years old would put him born late twenties. Love to see his face if he's still with us when he sees the letter again.
yeah,you're right mate,i read the op last night half cut and posted a reply , just re read the letter and you're right.

I think we should have a set code in both home and away, blue shirt and white short home and maroon shirt and shorts away

could you see teams like arsenal changing the set in stone home kit and shorts ?

I think we should have a set code in both home and away, blue shirt and white short home and maroon shirt and shorts away

could you see teams like arsenal changing the set in stone home kit and shorts ?

They had purple home shirts one year not so long ago.

The smart black & red shirt which City wore from the late 60’s onwards was the brainchild of maverick assistant boss Malcolm Allison who sought to emulate the style and success of Italian giants AC Milan. The style was first worn by City on 5th October 1968 but it didn’t get off to the dream start Allison had hoped for with City going down 2-0 to Everton. This caused some distress among the blues faithful seeing their hero’s in red with several complaint letters being received.

As it turned out, the experiment was a roaring success, City wore the changed strip against Leicester when they lifted the 1969 FA Cup Final, from which I’m fortunate enough have Tommy Booth’s match shirt in my collection, then in their ensuing 1970 ECWC Final victory in Vienna against Gornik Zabrze and, just nine days later, in their League Cup win over West Brom so it’s no wonder the Milanese look has kept cropping up in various forms as City’s second or third kit ever since.

A number of City kit manufacturers have attempted to replicate the black & red with Le Coq Sportif using the design over three seasons from 1999-00 to 2001-02 which saw City Promoted twice and relegated once while Reebok produced a similar style for two seasons from 2003-04, the first at the City of Manchester Stadium and 03-04. A return to Umbro from 2009-2012 saw the famous Black & Red stripes return once more with City ending a 44-year wait for a topflight Championship, winning the Premier League in 2011-12 when the stripes were worn in fantastic victories at Spurs and Blackburn to name a few.
Love the red and black stripes. Should be our second kit every year.

They were described as scarlet. But if this picture accurately portrays them, they look suspiciously like United shirts.

26f8b775dfaa4ff3126fed64bda9cebb.jpg
white knickers!!!???

No wonder we lost

Seem to remember Arsenal actually having an away kit of White shirts and blue shorts a few years back? Bet that really impressed The Tarquins!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.