1968 When we were Kings

Three minutes after half time, McFaul parried a shot by Bell, and Young ran in and scored violently.
never heard of anyone scoring violently before, those were the days

My brother was 19 that season and he made every single match, home and away. It was a lot worse travelling on "A" roads too, by coach, or cross country on a old rattler train. Most games we only took a couple of hundred away, and it kicked off everywhere. It tended to be, your "top boy" against theirs at some grounds. Mayhem at others, like Forest, Leeds, Scousers, London teams. We have been lucky to have had some great times as City fans. Mid 30's, mid 50's, late 60's, mid to late 70's and the last 10 years. The lean times in between were also part of our make up. I wouldn't swap any of it though for expecting success like the rags and scousers. I hope our fan base stays like it has the last 100 years, and doesn't become entitled.
Well said.

That's just a brilliant article and sums up City beautifully. At first I thought he'd written it in 2012 but of course he died in 2000 so that's the contemporaneous article written in 1968 and reproduced in 2012 when we next won it.

Todd must be turning in his grave at the state of some of the pseudo-intellectual, agenda-driven, verbal diarrhoea-inflicted journalistic pygmies that replaced him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.