1969/70 - Man City v West Brom (League Cup Final - 7.3.70)

First Wembley trip for me too, went down with Altrincham Coachways from Sale along with my mum and dad. They got tickets off a tout and ended up in the West Brom end, no trouble although I did take the piss a bit after the match. Didn't Buzzer get a hairline fracture of his leg in this match?

The pitch was perfect for us, very much like Maine Rd at that time.

My first Wembley final. Went down the night before without tickets, my Dad bought them, face value, outside the ground. Slept in the car overnight. Buzzer had a broken leg and missed the Cup Winners Cup Final .

My second Wembley final in 2 years at the age of 9…….thought it would be a regular trip.
Went with my dad and the Fieldsend coach broke down at Watford gap.
We sat down just as Astle scored.
Time obviously plays tricks because I could have sworn both City’s goals were scored at the same end and I couldn’t recall West Brom having so many chances.
My favourite City kit too.

My second Wembley final in 2 years at the age of 9…….thought it would be a regular trip.
Went with my dad and the Fieldsend coach broke down at Watford gap.
We sat down just as Astle scored.
Time obviously plays tricks because I could have sworn both City’s goals were scored at the same end and I couldn’t recall West Brom having so many chances.
My favourite City kit too.
You have a better memory than me gaz I thought the coach broke down on Chester road

Was there that day and it snowed like hell for about three hours before the kick off.
I was elated when Glyn Pardoe scored the winner,as he was from my home town, but took me to Maine Road on many an occasion when I was at school.
Great memories even though it was a little blurred as we`d had a few sherbets before the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.