1970's MCFC

Those days in the 70's do bring back some great and scary memories for me, as others have said walking to the ground through the alleys which were full of dog shit and then hear the roar of away fans being chased at the back of the Kippax. I went to the 1978 FA Cup match at Leeds, that will never be forgotten, City had an end and a side and you could tell that trouble was a certainty, I was sat at the end of the ground and my mates were at the side of it, when the final whistle went i walked out not knowing that the main area of blues at the side had been kept in. As i was walking with my scarf on i was approached by a number of Leeds fans and hit, luckily only a couple of times and they took my scarf just as the City fans had been let out from the side, it was absolute madness. We got in the car which was then hit by bricks from the motorway bridge, thank god it's safer now.

Another thing, i don't think Dennis Tueart ever got the praise he deserved either playing for City or England by the Press or other Football people in general, he was adored by the City faithful but the guy had everything and in this modern age of perfect pitches and no tackling he would have been a world beater!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.