1st or 2nd in Premiership and another piece of siliverware

very bullish - all of you. Of course, the Prem Title would top everything else, but I am more interested in progress than just winning the title and nothing else matters.

After everything else, as from last season, some kind of silverware and competing for the title every season (naturally assuming Champions League qualification every season) is a realistic achievement. In the next 10 years, if we can achieve the occasional double - or even treble - would be another reasonable acceptable achievement.

I just want to flag the whole 'progression' thing as being the most important way forward rather than a 'title or failure' being the end game

bluesimon said:
very bullish - all of you. Of course, the Prem Title would top everything else, but I am more interested in progress than just winning the title and nothing else matters.

After everything else, as from last season, some kind of silverware and competing for the title every season (naturally assuming Champions League qualification every season) is a realistic achievement. In the next 10 years, if we can achieve the occasional double - or even treble - would be another reasonable acceptable achievement.

I just want to flag the whole 'progression' thing as being the most important way forward rather than a 'title or failure' being the end game

not bullish mate just that after a 3rd place finish and a cup the title is the next stage, then on the the CL. also with the title under our belt its a big fuck off to fergie(not in his lifetime) and the rag media.

de niro said:
bluesimon said:

not bullish mate just that after a 3rd place finish and a cup the title is the next stage, then on the the CL. also with the title under our belt its a big fuck off to fergie(not in his lifetime) and the rag media.

I agree wholeheartedly mate, although I see where the OP is coming from - a close run title attempt plus another cup would be seen as some form of progress.

The overriding matter though is that the title is there for the winning this season and in reality we should win it as the rags just aren't that good.

We just have to make sure we don't allow the rags to influence enough refs between now and May....

;-)

de niro said:
bluesimon said:

Well, I for one will not be looking back on this season as a 'failure' if we finish 2nd and get another piece of silverware

I am with the OP on this. The title would of course be great and if someone offered that now I would accept losses against the scousers in the CC, the rags in the FA cup and Porto in the EL.

However if we finiosh second which lets face it is very possible but go on to win one of the other cups then I would be very happy with that.

Winning nothing is not an option for a squad as strong as this.

Rammy Blue said:
Mancio said:
i want the title. i believe in the title. i dont give a fuck about any other.

Yeah, but you want us to draw at Sunderland.....

;-)

yeah ... I am masochistic

or maybe i believe a draw away is still a good result in a title run ;)

We are the beat team in the league. To not win the title would represent underachievement and be a big disappointment. Sure, we'd dust ourselves off and try again, and other trophies would help, but ultimately 'the project' needs the title for momentum.

de niro said:
the title and only the title.

nothing else either matters or will do.
Cannot agree with this 100%. i mean did you say that at the start iof the season?? Expectations change especially since we ahve been mauling sides and banging in the goals for fun. No team can keep that up.

At the start of the season i hoped for progression and a trophy. What if we iwn a trophy and come on 2nd in the Prem with 85 points?? theres no way that could be deemed a failure IMHO. Right now we are 10 points better off than last year given the corresponing fixtures. This time last season we had 9 wins, 4 defeats and 5 draws.

I cannot complain if we finish on 84-86 points and someone does better than we do. We will go get stronger and stronger. Can we say that about our competition???

Frank the Yank said:
de niro said:
the title and only the title.

nothing else either matters or will do.
Cannot agree with this 100%. i mean did you say that at the start iof the season?? Expectations change especially since we ahve been mauling sides and banging in the goals for fun. No team can keep that up.

At the start of the season i hoped for progression and a trophy. What if we iwn a trophy and come on 2nd in the Prem with 85 points?? theres no way that could be deemed a failure IMHO. Right now we are 10 points better off than last year given the corresponing fixtures. This time last season we had 9 wins, 4 defeats and 5 draws.

I cannot complain if we finish on 84-86 points and someone does better than we do. We will go get stronger and stronger. Can we say that about our competition???

technically we were joint second last year, the only way we can say we've progressed is to win the title. you are right to a degree i was'nt as confident before the season started, it took till the 5th goal at spurs before i was convinced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.