1st or 2nd in Premiership and another piece of siliverware

Amadeus20 said:
Omg, cant people will be happy with 2nd place.

Its Championship or bust.

Its now the 4th season since the takeover and its time to win now. Remember Chelsea won the league the season after Abramovich took over.

You are not the first on here to compare our position now to Chelski under Abramnovich, but we are in terms of development (not money) closer to the Ken Bates era when they broke into top 4/europe.
Having said that, it would be a shame to finish lower than the scum after shafting them 1-6 at the swamp even if it was an hollow victory because Zinedine Cleverly was out with a poorly ankle.

looking at this squad and how much money has been spent we should win the league.... also i think that's mancini's first objective to win obviously.

but if we come 2nd and win another cup i will be still happy just hope our owners will be too and don't sack him. i dont want to be like chelsea, binning managers every season

1st and only 1st. If we don't the 6-1 at OT, will mean nothing. If we don't win it, and that lot do, then I will be hugely disappointed.

de niro said:
the title and only the title.

nothing else either matters or will do.

Yup gotta be the title - i think CL qualification is pretty much nailed on and this is our best chance to win the title - Chelski will be stronger next season rags will always be there or there about and be competative regardless of what people say - Spuds are getting better and Red Dippers and Le Arse will get better.

And a carling cup please!!!!!!!!

CTID<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:18 pm --<br /><br />
de niro said:
the title and only the title.

nothing else either matters or will do.

Yup gotta be the title - i think CL qualification is pretty much nailed on and this is our best chance to win the title - Chelski will be stronger next season rags will always be there or there about and be competative regardless of what people say - Spuds are getting better and Red Dippers and Le Arse will get better.

And a carling cup please!!!!!!!!

CTID

I don't just look at this season - it's too short sighted - I look at our future. We will not win a trophy every season, it wont happen. What I look at is that we should challenge for the title every season. We don't have to and wont win it every season. Then the bonuses of a cup every now and again. Within ten years we could have won 6 Premier League titles, 3 FA Cups and 2 League Cups. If that happens then we will have had a fantastic decade! But there could be double, or even treble winning seasons, in there which means there will be years where we win nowt at all. That will happen, this season could be one of them, but I'm happy to know that we will win the league numerous times over the next decade amongst other trophies.

This is where the "Mancini out" people of last season don't have the same understanding of football as others. They are too short sighted. They only see what they see now, they only care about what Rags or the media are going to say about us in times where we don't achieve what we potentially could do. They don't seem to see that we will not win things every season but we will win things, we will achieve, we will have some great times supporting this club.

Too much arrogance in this thread. We may have a fantastic side but look at the rags with their injury list and still on same points as us. Imagine how we'd be doing if we had that many 1st team players out! Spurs are competing and if they get no injuries could push us and the rags to the wire. Chelsea and Arsenal are still good teams, playing well, and if us and the rags go on a bad patch could make up some ground (although it would take a fair bit of luck for them now).

There's still 3 teams who can easily win it and 2 others in with a chance, us having a fantastic side is NOT a guarantee we will get the title.

Having typed all that I'd be a little disappointed if we got 2nd and a trophy (mainly due to our great start) but that would still be a successful season to my mind. I'm damn sure 2nd and a trophy will not be regarded by the sheikh as a failure for the season.

My start of season predictions/hopes:

Qualify from CL group stages - failed
Trophy (FA or CC) - great chance still
1st (or 2nd and close to 1st) - great chance still

I thought we'd need another season to complete our "gelling" and I still think we have another gear we can step up to, hopefully it will come in 2nd half of this season. If not, then next season (for me) would be the one where I expected(ed) us to really break onto the scene.

I hope we win the league. I believe that we should. But if we don't and only continue to progress towards that aim then so be it.

The rags will not roll over and their form suggests that this will go to the wire.
So I would not be suicidal with second and another pot. Winning the Carling Cup would actually take the pressure off for the rest of the season in my book so I'm keen for us to win that now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.