1st time you saw City play

Not 100 per cent sure off the year think it was 88? We drew nil nil with Birmiingham in division two. Not the greatest of games but thats where it started for me!

81/82 season vs Notts Forest at home, drew 0-0. Never forget it, my granddad took me when I was 10 after I refused to be a rag. He parked miles away from the ground and it pissed it down throughout the match. He thought it was a dour experience and couldn't believe that after that evening I was blue for life.
ps He kept trying to buy me rag lamps and bed covers, my mum still says to this day that they tried but failed.

Bilboblue said:
Come on then, did they win or lose?
I live down in Southampton, first time I saw City was at The Dell, Milk Cup replay I seem to recall.
Graham Baker was playing for us. Went with my friend and his dad, stood in the Milton Road End.
Remember us hitting the post after about 10 seconds, looked at my saints mate and said 'We're gonna win tonight'
Started pissing down, City hammered Saints right up until half-time but Southampton had a breakaway and scored.
We ended up losing 4-0 or 4-1. Watched the highlights either that night or at the weekend on BBC and it showed the fans in the Milton Road all looking pleased as punch cheering, except for one 10 year old with his chin on his hands close to tears!
Always remember the commentators words: 'Just look at the joy on the Southampton fans faces!'

Picked a game I thought we might win for my sons first game, Swindon at home, early 90's. He was 2 and a half years old.
Less than 10 miutes gone, 1-0 down, Jan Aage Fjortoft (remember him?!) about 12 minutes gone, 2-0 Swindon, Fjortoft again, put my head in my hands until I heard someone near me cheering, looked up and it had been disallowed! Still have no idea unti this day why, a decision a la Frontzeck/Cuntona at the swamp!
Anyway, after that we started to get a grip on the game, equalized then won it with a goal resulting from Rocky Rocastles outrageous piece of skill in working through 3 players and crossing. Anyone remember that? (RIP David Rocastle)
Got my boy off to a winning start,he has been Blue ever since!

my first game was against southampton too, it was a home match in 1965, my brother took me against my mams wishes, we won and i had a great time, hooked. my brother was in the navy and was'nt around much, my dad was a blue and before long he got roped in to taking me everywhere to watch city,by the end of the season our mam was coming too.

great days followed.

when we lost to Everton 2-0 at our home which was 2 seasons ago when it was wet and rainy and cold lol i sat in the North Stand but nowadays its Eaststand for me its well better ;), i didnt get a chance to go to city much since all me family are rags and plus i didnt have much money back then when i was in school.

Blu KB said:
1990 2-0 win against Norwich at Maine Road.

That was my first game too, sat in the Family stand behind a guy who was waving a yellow banana. Been hooked ever since.

17th Sept 1975 v Norwich City, League Cup Replay. 2-2. Can't remember who scored as I was only 8 but I do know it was the only time I saw The King play before Buchan nobbled him later that year in the same competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.