2 | Kyle Walker - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wan Bissaka. Didn't Bayern pay about 70m for Hernandez?

He's been great for us, remember the PSG game when Mbappe and Neymar just avoided that side because they knew they wasn't getting any joy down there

What did Chelsea pay for Chilwell - getting on for £50m iirc ?

His position has no relevance. We paid £50 mill for a player, have we and the team got value for that. Yes and some, so who cares what other full backs go for.
I love Walker too. Anyway, after checking it turns out he isn't the most expensive anymore. That's now Lucas Hernandez at an ungodly 70 or so million. But outside of Lucas we have 3 of the top 50 most expensive fullbacks. That's quite strange. No wonder we aren't putting money into the position anymore.

Cancelo, Kyle and Mendy are the next 3 most expensive with Wan Bissaka rounding up the top 5..

Wan Bissaka. Didn't Bayern pay about 70m for Hernandez?

He's been great for us, remember the PSG game when Mbappe and Neymar just avoided that side because they knew they wasn't getting any joy down there
I love Walker. Not complaining one bit. Just saying Spurs knew what they were giving up and got every last penny that was due them. And yes, Lucas was highway robbery by Madrid.

Still think it was an excessive fee..50 million is a hell of a lot to be paying for a full back. Has any full back gone for 50 million since he and Mendy?

That said, I'm delighted he is here. Weirdly today, I was most confident when he Bernado or Godri were on the ball. Which was wierd. Considering the plethora of ball geniuses we had on the field.

He was worth every penny.

Should and will go down as a City legend. Indestructible, infinite pace, physicality merchant, tactically astute, undroppable, trophies galore, and kept Cancelo miles away from the right who’s a much better fullback in the traditional sense. Bargain and getting better.

With our fullback issues being rightfully questioned, I think he’s been the most reliable signing in the pep era. How’s that for irony?

Last edited:
He must be looking at people like Jamie Vardy and thinking he's got a good few years left. As long as his pace is there, he will be able to shut down an entire side of the pitch.

Looking forward to Walker vs. Mbappe again tonight.

He must be looking at people like Jamie Vardy and thinking he's got a good few years left. As long as his pace is there, he will be able to shut down an entire side of the pitch.

Looking forward to Walker vs. Mbappe again tonight.
He’s more than a pace merchant. Of all people I’d have expected you to see that. Bringing up Vardy to reference Kyle?? Wtf.

He’s more than a pace merchant. Of all people I’d have expected you to see that. Bringing up Vardy to reference Kyle?? Wtf.

Are you trying to claim Vardy is just a pace merchant?

Stop looking to find offence. Walker himself would tell you he couldn't play his role in this side without having the pace to lock down half the pitch against any counterattack in the world when having a starting position 20 yards in the opposition half.

Are you trying to claim Vardy is just a pace merchant?

Stop looking to find offence. Walker himself would tell you he couldn't play his role in this side without having the pace to lock down half the pitch against any counterattack in the world when having a starting position 20 yards in the opposition half.
You hit me with the strawman. I stand by my post. Vardy has nothing to do with Walker. Disagree with Walker and Vardy having any correlation at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.