2 | Kyle Walker - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were shit scared of him and he had them beat from the off. The likes of Mbappe and Neymar generally know they are quicker and better than any fullback they come up against, but Kyle has proved on multiple occasions now against them he is absolutely top draw and his pace just over those first 5/10 yards just completely nullified them on the right.
I agree. Am a great admirer of Walker. I don't forget the 19-20 season when we had a few issues and bad performances (only finishing second. Ha ha) but Kyle always put in a good shift and played really well.
Last night he also had to face Mendes who looks a really good attacking full back which didn't make things easy for him.

Walker and Mbappe were like pugilists. Walker won unanimously on points. The 'knock down' he scored with that feint and combination in the 2nd half!!! A thing of pure beauty!

He had a big job on replacing Zaba who we'd been so used to shutting down wingers over the years but, dare I say, he might've excelled him in terms of importance to the team.

Wouldn't replace him with any other RB in football right now. Players are shit scared of him - look at this picture of PSG's heat map from the first half last night, teams are actively avoiding attacking down our side. It's mad, never seen anything like it.

A team of Mbappe, Neymar and Messi purposely avoided him. Let that sink in!

Attachments

• Heat Map.png
    Heat Map.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 18
Yes he has been a great buy and hopefully 2 maybe 3 more seasons in him yet?

I think it's a testament to how good he is that he's arguably been the least technically proficient player with his ball at his feet in the team since his arrival, and yet simultaneously is arguably the most important player. In a side managed by Guardiola too.

He’s become one of our best and most important players since the day he joined. Vastly underrated and unappreciated by those outside of the club. One of those I’ll be genuinely gutted to see go.

And he’s a total shagger.

A modern day nightmare for any player roaming Kyle's side of the battlefield.

"Terminator !!!!!"
theterminator.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.