2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errr, he was absolutely fine apart from being a bit embarrassed after booting the ball into the crowd at the end and then realising it was Haalands match ball. He gave Haaland a bit of a sheepish look, apologised and then came towards the tunnel trying to get hold of another ball. He couldn’t find one and after asking a few staff if they had one he disappeared down the tunnel to try and get a ball. I watched the whole thing from about 10 yards away in 127
How do you know which ball Haaland wanted, as we are now on the multi ball system ?

Mbete and defensive midfielder Phillips also missing. We don't know that they weren't worked on on the traing pitch, besides Pep is not afraid to try things in real situations, that courage is part of what makes him one of the most innovative coaches. Things don't always work out but lessons are best learned from pressure situations.
Still not ravaged as its difficult to miss something you never had,which is the case with the 2 individuals you have named.We still played our strongest back 4 and they looked uncomfortable and out of sorts,all due to unnecessary tinkering IMO.

Practice makes perfect,it's why we train and why we do drills....so it's as failsafe as possible when shit gets real.

The 7 P's can never be argued against.

Sure I read a post from you in another thread earlier complaining about being abused on the match day forum for having an opinion or something like that, maybe you should have a think before attacking other people for their own views, considering you quoted and replied to a post I made to somebody else, to begin with.

I have re-read my initial reply to that post and I will repeat myself, if you think that was angry then you have the thinnest skin on this forum, and boy, that takes some doing.

How do you know what is and isn't my way, you have one example, Kyle Walker as an inverted RB playing in midfield, go and find somebody else on this site that agrees with that decision, and then you may actually have a point.

Though you are right, I'm not a dermatologist, though why that would or would not be a concern is rather strange, is it not?

To summarise I think you're a bit of a hypocrite and a weirdo.

You liked this post by Jimmy btw
So you are sure you read a post but cannot say what it was. I said that on the match day forum people are verbally abused for disagreeing with other posters opinions.
Where have I been "attacking other people for their own views", you don't understand the definition of the word "attack" and misuse it, I argue or disagree but not attack. How do I know what "your way" is ? you posted it as quoted below.
"Really, I'd say everybody on this site knows Walker is not suited to that role, the Newcastle game showed it, so to start with that 'experiment' in the next game makes Pep culpable.
Try your tweaks on the practice pitch btw, when the league is frequently won by a small margin there is no room for pissing about, early or late in the season.
If we have a shortage of players why put the RB in midfield, it is at CB we are having an injury crisis and that same RB has been known to fill in as a CB for his country.
As for the champions league, do you not think he has fucked the game away by fiddling from what had worked for 95% of the season?"
You want my views on Walker as posted on this forum "Agreed, poor Kyle was attempting the role of deep lying playmaker in the first half, imo he is no Pirlo or even Modric. It's a much changed squad and I think Pep is tweaking to find the best mix." post #157 Edereson thread.
" I'm not a dermatologist," strange then that twice you claimed falsely that I was "thin skinned", and now also a hypocrite and a weirdo, even stranger how quick you are to diagnose other poster's alleged issues. Deal with your own.
Yes I liked Jimmygrimbleboots post, It was clear and intelligent and similar to my own views and did not resort to ott words like "stunt", which is where I first replied to you and am now leaving this pointless effort to communicate.

Still not ravaged as its difficult to miss something you never had,which is the case with the 2 individuals you have named.We still played our strongest back 4 and they looked uncomfortable and out of sorts,all due to unnecessary tinkering IMO.

Practice makes perfect,it's why we train and why we do drills....so it's as failsafe as possible when shit gets real.

The 7 P's can never be argued against.
You do dislike any dissent don't you. It was really unnecessary to advise on the importance of practice, 35 years of coaching has made me more than aware of that. It has also taught me that there are many times when things need to be tried in a real match situation, it's a bit like bringing in the young players, they may look great/poor in training but sooner or later you have to see how they fare in a real adult competitive game.

You do dislike any dissent don't you. It was really unnecessary to advise on the importance of practice, 35 years of coaching has made me more than aware of that. It has also taught me that there are many times when things need to be tried in a real match situation, it's a bit like bringing in the young players, they may look great/poor in training but sooner or later you have to see how they fare in a real adult competitive game.
More than happy to listen to the views of others,I just happen to disagree with most of yours.

Seeing him get done for pace twice in the space of a week is like watching your dog grow old, heartbraking. Hopefully he's just getting upto speed

I don't want Walker controlling the midfield tempo by coming inside. I don't like it. Pep seems to, and he's not answering my calls at the moment so I'll live with it. Saying that, I'm glad it's him not cancelo, who despite being one of the most technically gifted players, is so often prone to brain farts it would be heart attack enducing to have him on the ball in the middle with not much behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.