2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't adapt to Pep's system, he'll move you on.
Wonder if he will send the fans to another club?

Playing Walker as some kind of playmaking fullback is ridiculous, to do it against Newcastle and look stupid is one thing but to do it again v Palace in the next game is nothing short of a man with a stubborn ego.

Leaking goals all over the place, Cancelo I can understand but Walker is not and never will be a creative force in the inverted FB position.

It is the kind of stunt he pulls in the latter stages of the chumps league.

Playing Walker as some kind of playmaking fullback is ridiculous, to do it against Newcastle and look stupid is one thing but to do it again v Palace in the next game is nothing short of a man with a stubborn ego.

Leaking goals all over the place, Cancelo I can understand but Walker is not and never will be a creative force in the inverted FB position.

Hart was given the same option, adapt or move on.

Hart was given the same option, adapt or move on.
Right, so it is Walker's fault that he can't play this role.

Not on Pep at all, okay dokey.

Though what Hart has to do with it is only in your own mind, Walker has played a Pep system successfully since 2017, Hart didn't last a preseason, so no comparison to be made.

If he wants a playmaking FB then go and buy one and then ship Walker out, don't leave the team weaker on match day because you have decided this is what you want the team to do, that is the ludicrous part.

Or don't sell Zinchenko and play him as the LB playmaker and Cancelo as the RB playmaker.

Sell Walker if that is what you have decided to do for this season's party trick.

Yeah I agree, because it worked with cancelo until teams started shutting it down he’s trying to get walker doing the same and I don’t think it’s a coincidence we are conceding more goals than usual? Obviously yesterday was two set piece goals but they also had one ruled out and a few other counter attacks due to our system imo. Leave Kyle to do what he’s done since he’s been here and leave the midfield roles to our amazing midfielders!

Yeah I agree, because it worked with cancelo until teams started shutting it down he’s trying to get walker doing the same and I don’t think it’s a coincidence we are conceding more goals than usual? Obviously yesterday was two set piece goals but they also had one ruled out and a few other counter attacks due to our system imo. Leave Kyle to do what he’s done since he’s been here and leave the midfield roles to our amazing midfielders!
I have no aversion to playing an inverted fullback but it has got to be a fullback that can actually do it or you end up with what we had v Newcastle, guys running straight at our CB's unchallenged plus we were not that convincing going forward.

I know he likes to innovate football but let's get a head of steam up first and maybe a 20 point gap before experimenting lol

It reminds me of his first season when he had Zabba doing it, it didn’t work because Zabba couldn’t recover as fast however he was a better passer than Walker. Walker was brought in to replace him but to play a different style, now he’s switched again, square peg in a round hole it simply won’t work. We can’t afford to keep going behind, remember the WBA game in lockdown when it’s said the players weren’t happy with the system and they went to Pep and then we won about 25 games on the bounce, maybe we need that now.

Right, so it is Walker's fault that he can't play this role.

Not on Pep at all, okay dokey.

Though what Hart has to do with it is only in your own mind, Walker has played a Pep system successfully since 2017, Hart didn't last a preseason, so no comparison to be made.

If he wants a playmaking FB then go and buy one and then ship Walker out, don't leave the team weaker on match day because you have decided this is what you want the team to do, that is the ludicrous part.

Or don't sell Zinchenko and play him as the LB playmaker and Cancelo as the RB playmaker.

Sell Walker if that is what you have decided to do for this season's party trick.
It makes the decision to sell Zinchenko even more puzzling, he was excellent playing the inverted fullback role.

Luckily he changed it after 55 mins so hopefully that’s the end of that

"It is the kind of stunt he pulls in the latter stages of the chumps league."
Best to try out tactical tweaks early in the season. Our squad has changed from last season, substantially for Champions. We don't have friendly games for trials, our defence is injury ravaged right now, rather than demeaning our coaching staff by using the term "stunt" I believe they are testing out "what if" tactics in a "what if " real temporary player shortage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.