2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best to try out tactical tweaks early in the season. Our squad has changed from last season, substantially for Champions. We don't have friendly games for trials, our defence is injury ravaged right now, rather than demeaning our coaching staff by using the term "stunt" I believe they are testing out "what if" tactics in a "what if " real temporary player shortage.
Ake and Laporte are out....that was our first choice back 4 on Saturday.....hardly 'ravaged'.

The training pitch is where formation and tactics should be experimented with,not during actual games.

Simple question: Who thinks a 30+ Kyle Walker could suddenly play RM in any team in the PL?

No, me either!

The thing is, to play the front 5 pro wants, we HAVE TO bring the FBs inside to support the DM, otherwise they’re overrun in any loss of possession.

By second half of season, I could see Cancelo playing RB and Gomez/JWE playing LB.

Hate to say it, but Walker has looked average at RB and out of his depth on the ball in the RM role.

I wonder if we might go back to a 3-2-5 or 3-3-4 in games now, given we have shipped 5 goals in the last 2 games?!

Yes, Pep is stubborn, but Walker is not suited to the task.

I didn't get to watch the game on Saturday, so I couldn't see how it worked then, but I thought against Newcastle the system was awful (but obviously brilliant in the two previous games) and it was mainly because of Walker struggling to adapt to it. Having said that, both of the goals conceded on Saturday came from set pieces, which is something we only conceded once from last season if I remember rightly. There's no tactical reason why we should suddenly be shit at defending corners.

Best to try out tactical tweaks early in the season. Our squad has changed from last season, substantially for Champions. We don't have friendly games for trials, our defence is injury ravaged right now, rather than demeaning our coaching staff by using the term "stunt" I believe they are testing out "what if" tactics in a "what if " real temporary player shortage.
Really, I'd say everybody on this site knows Walker is not suited to that role, the Newcastle game showed it, so to start with that 'experiment' in the next game makes Pep culpable.

Try your tweaks on the practice pitch btw, when the league is frequently won by a small margin there is no room for pissing about, early or late in the season.

If we have a shortage of players why put the RB in midfield, it is at CB we are having an injury crisis and that same RB has been known to fill in as a CB for his country.

As for the champions league, do you not think he has fucked the game away by fiddling from what had worked for 95% of the season?

He is not God, he is capable of making errors, if you found the term stunt demeaning you must have the thinnest skin going.

Walker is a top class defender and that is his forte and why he is selected before the Dipper right back for England , because Walker can defend and has superb recovery skills , but he isnt the right player to create as an inverted full back , Pep is asking him to do something alien to his game.
Walker cannot create like Cancelo , if Pep insists on the current tactics then Walker isnt that player ,brilliant defender but creatively wanting , so the tactics need to be tweaked or its Cancelo at right back and we find someone to fill the void of the inverted left back position , possibly the new signing Gomez but he is unproven at this level.

Really, I'd say everybody on this site knows Walker is not suited to that role, the Newcastle game showed it, so to start with that 'experiment' in the next game makes Pep culpable.

Try your tweaks on the practice pitch btw, when the league is frequently won by a small margin there is no room for pissing about, early or late in the season.

If we have a shortage of players why put the RB in midfield, it is at CB we are having an injury crisis and that same RB has been known to fill in as a CB for his country.

As for the champions league, do you not think he has fucked the game away by fiddling from what had worked for 95% of the season?

He is not God, he is capable of making errors, if you found the term stunt demeaning you must have the thinnest skin going.
Not God, but a highly successful coach. He has his way, which is completey the opposite of yours, fortunately he is our manager, not you. To summarise, you react angrily to posts that don't share your views, and you are not a dermatologist.

Ake and Laporte are out....that was our first choice back 4 on Saturday.....hardly 'ravaged'.

The training pitch is where formation and tactics should be experimented with,not during actual games.
Mbete and defensive midfielder Phillips also missing. We don't know that they weren't worked on on the traing pitch, besides Pep is not afraid to try things in real situations, that courage is part of what makes him one of the most innovative coaches. Things don't always work out but lessons are best learned from pressure situations.

Last edited:
I'm in the South East corner so couldn't tell but it was pretty noticeable that he wasn't happy about something
Errr, he was absolutely fine apart from being a bit embarrassed after booting the ball into the crowd at the end and then realising it was Haalands match ball. He gave Haaland a bit of a sheepish look, apologised and then came towards the tunnel trying to get hold of another ball. He couldn’t find one and after asking a few staff if they had one he disappeared down the tunnel to try and get a ball. I watched the whole thing from about 10 yards away in 127

Errr, he was absolutely fine apart from being a bit embarrassed after booting the ball into the crowd at the end and then realising it was Haalands match ball. He gave Haaland a bit of a sheepish look, apologised and then came towards the tunnel trying to get hold of another ball. He couldn’t find one and after asking a few staff if they had one he disappeared down the tunnel to try and get a ball. I watched the whole thing from about 10 yards away in 127
Another BM made drama simply explained with reality, love it.

Not God, but a highly successful coach. He has his way, which is completey the opposite of yours, fortunately he is our manager, not you. To summarise, you react angrily to posts that don't share your views, and you are not a dermatologist.
Sure I read a post from you in another thread earlier complaining about being abused on the match day forum for having an opinion or something like that, maybe you should have a think before attacking other people for their own views, considering you quoted and replied to a post I made to somebody else, to begin with.

I have re-read my initial reply to that post and I will repeat myself, if you think that was angry then you have the thinnest skin on this forum, and boy, that takes some doing.

How do you know what is and isn't my way, you have one example, Kyle Walker as an inverted RB playing in midfield, go and find somebody else on this site that agrees with that decision, and then you may actually have a point.

Though you are right, I'm not a dermatologist, though why that would or would not be a concern is rather strange, is it not?

To summarise I think you're a bit of a hypocrite and a weirdo.

You liked this post by Jimmy btw

Walker is a top class defender and that is his forte and why he is selected before the Dipper right back for England , because Walker can defend and has superb recovery skills , but he isnt the right player to create as an inverted full back , Pep is asking him to do something alien to his game.
Walker cannot create like Cancelo , if Pep insists on the current tactics then Walker isnt that player ,brilliant defender but creatively wanting , so the tactics need to be tweaked or its Cancelo at right back and we find someone to fill the void of the inverted left back position , possibly the new signing Gomez but he is unproven at this level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.