2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah a huge miss. You and every other City fan seen what happened when he was out of the team against Real Madrid and in the run in, we simply don't have a better right back.
Sevilla is not Real Madrid. They don't have Vinicius, Jr. We won't need that level of pure defender but we could use better ball retention, passing and decision making.

I think a lot of the criticism of Kyle is unfair. He’s a great defensive minded RB with pace to burn. He’s not a skilful, tidy midfielder so him being exposed having so much of the ball in the middle of the park is the system not him. Teams are allowing him to have the ball in space as they know he ain’t gonna hurt them when he is in midfield. Pep needs to rethink Walkers “new” role or Walker has to get better at it…. both take time and it’s early days in this season. Kyle is a top pro and we are very lucky to have him in our squad.

Sevilla is not Real Madrid. They don't have Vinicius, Jr. We won't need that level of pure defender but we could use better ball retention, passing and decision making.
If you're talking about Cancelo then he hasn't been that great at keeping the ball recently. Anyway it looks like Walker's out so we are going to have to shuffle the pack anyway.

I think a lot of the criticism of Kyle is unfair. He’s a great defensive minded RB with pace to burn. He’s not a skilful, tidy midfielder so him being exposed having so much of the ball in the middle of the park is the system not him. Teams are allowing him to have the ball in space as they know he ain’t gonna hurt them when he is in midfield. Pep needs to rethink Walkers “new” role or Walker has to get better at it…. both take time and it’s early days in this season. Kyle is a top pro and we are very lucky to have him in our squad.
Agree with this, don't write Walker off just yet. He has been an excellent rb for us, but this new inverted role doesn't suit him. Play him in the role he is used to and I still think he is a very good fb.

If you're talking about Cancelo then he hasn't been that great at keeping the ball recently. Anyway it looks like Walker's out so we are going to have to shuffle the pack anyway.
You're right, he hasn't, I agree. It remains to be seen if moving to the right can get him going. That said, under this new formation, both Walker and Cancelo, on his off side, have struggled.

He is our most important defender who has been playing through an injury by the sounds of things. If he is out for a length of time again he will be badly missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.