2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly starting to look his age, let's just hope he is carrying an injury and having to play because of lack of cover, if not he will have to be replaced in the coming window, Walker without pace is not good.

My worry in one of the earlier games is that he's lost half a yard. I'm starting to worry that the pulling him inside thing is to compensate for that, but one things for sure we aren't seeing him doing much, if any overlapping at all so far this season

It's early days so hopefully a matter of getting him up to speed, but considering how reliable he is on his pace, how he's not that great on the ball, and how he's prone to switching off at important moments, once his body starts catching up with him his fall from grace will be quick and it will not be pretty. I just hope it hasn't started already

I think the problem at the moment is more that he is mentally tired. I don't think in his career he has ever been asked to dictate so much play - meaning he is being asked to begin a lot of our moves and I think that has proved a bit stressful. His best attributes have always revolved about pace and defending.

I believe that he could do with a rest, which is a bit crazy 6 games in. For me we need better ball playing players in the fullback roles under the newer system so it maybe time to move Cancelo back to the right and give Sergio a few games on the left. Kyle is experienced enough to come back and is still an important part of our squad. He needs to clear his head and perhaps seeing how play develops from the touchline will give him a better perspective of how important it is to move the ball into feet quicker. Other players made some great early runs and he didn't pass, held onto it and then resorted to trying a 50 yard cross field pass which is not ideal. Mental fatigue also played a part in him not being calm and passing to Haaland for a tap in.

Despite a poor performance yesterday we still should have won and created a lot of good chances, so good signs going forward.

Sadly starting to look his age, let's just hope he is carrying an injury and having to play because of lack of cover, if not he will have to be replaced in the coming window, Walker without pace is not good.
He had a hell of a season last year. This year he looks well off it. Perhaps he just needs a break but he is playing non-stop for City and England and something has to give.

Is Kyle a dought for Tuesday or was he taken off as a precaution. He will be a huge miss if he's out.
I don't think he will be a miss in current form. Move Cancelo to right and play Gomez on the left. It would be good to see overlapping full backs again. Although knowing Pep and his belief in a clear hierarchy I think Ake will start at LB.

I don't think he will be a miss in current form. Move Cancelo to right and play Gomez on the left. It would be good to see overlapping full backs again. Although knowing Pep and his belief in a clear hierarchy I think Ake will start at LB.
Cancelo has been poor also. Remember last season when he was injured in the run in, we really did miss him.

Pep is really taking the piss with him and is making him look shite but not passing it to thor was braindead , probably thinking about his next call girl appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.