2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Walker but I’d be happy to see us get another right back that’s better in possession

For me he always takes a touch of two too many, or is too hesitant in possession when attacking, it’s frustrating at times. I understand his strengths too, his pace and recoveries are exceptional at times but I’d like to see someone in that position with a bit more quality on the ball.

I like Walker but I’d be happy to see us get another right back that’s better in possession

For me he always takes a touch of two too many, or is too hesitant in possession when attacking, it’s frustrating at times. I understand his strengths too, his pace and recoveries are exceptional at times but I’d like to see someone in that position with a bit more quality on the ball.
For me, that summed up his game today.

Against teams like West Ham who set out to defend, playing Cancelo right back would be a better option. We just haven’t got a left back to do that. Walker is crucial in the big games though.

Wasn't really sure what we were gaining out of him playing in midfield today. I thought it would be a lot better for him to overlap with Foden and have that width but Pep knows best!

I though he was excellent yesterday, asked to fulfil a specific role and he did it manfully. On the ball is clearly not his strongest skill but he was brave in possession and always available. Can’t think of too many times that he didn’t retain possession.

Proof that you can teach an old dog new tricks.

It almost seems like a bit of a waste to have Walker essentially being used as a deep laying playmaker when he's not the most creative but I suppose his recovery pace is so important that you just can't leave him out.

It's sometimes easy to forget that although it may often feel like it, we don't actually have 100% possession and we do occasionally need to defend without the ball which is obviously where Walker is such a huge asset for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.