2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think he’d lost his mojo with the injury last season, going off in the CL semifinal when we were winning only to see us lose without him, arguably missed out on the CL final because of his injury, missed out on the final day v Villa because of the injury, another injury this season that needed an operation, missed most of the World Cup, came back out of form (like so many!)…

Thought he was very good today, but was he limping all first half?

Surprised there’s not many more comments about him yesterday. Said it against Spurs but he’s always brave with his passing - I like Lewis but he’s not particularly brave on the ball (he won’t be at 18) and it affects us when you’ve got him on one side and Ake on the other (not brave on it either).

Walker is always looking for an incisive pass, whether it’s a switch, a ball into KDB or a ball over the top.

Glad he’s ‘back’ according to Pep, one of our most important players attacking and defending.

Good to have him back to his best. He walks about the place like he owns it when he’s in the mood and bullies most wingers he comes up against.

Brilliant tonight and has been since he got his place back. Good reaction to the Pep bollocking!

He was terrible in the 1st half. I don’t know if it was because he was expecting too much from Mahrez (he never got it), but he never got over and defended the wide areas. 2nd half he was excellent.

Getting back to his best. Almost getting back to full pace as well which I was worried about after 2022’s injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.