2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not been the same this season and he was poor today, I thought. He's lost that yard of pace that made him so phenomenal defensively and he's even a bit looser in the touch these days, which makes him a bit of a liability in possession. And I think since Pep changed the role of the RB in this team, Kyle's never been comfortable and his form has suffered badly. In his defence, Kyle made lots of lung-busting runs today that were sadly in vain because Sheff Utd had a wide back five that denied a clear through ball to him, but he was rough in other areas of the field as well.

He was an amazing signing and he's been a brilliant professional since he got here - arguably our most important purchase of the Pep era. But sadly I think it's time for him to seriously assess his options. He's 33 in the summer, a year older than Zabaleta was when we moved him on to West Ham. Either he accepts a bit-part role going forward, what with the emergence of Stones, Lewis, and Akanji in his area of the field, or he has to move on for first-team football. Wish him luck with whatever he does because he's been fantastic for six great seasons.

He's a great option to have when you need a FAST DEFENDER. I know he was never great at using the ball but surely he was never this bad???

I'd love a replacement in the summer but I've no idea who.
Stones and Lewis.

He lacks attacking intelligence that' why he is so clumsy up the pitch.

Those overlapping runs just to stop and stare at whose in the box like 4 seconds is amateur level.

He's not been the same this season and he was poor today, I thought. He's lost that yard of pace that made him so phenomenal defensively and he's even a bit looser in the touch these days, which makes him a bit of a liability in possession. And I think since Pep changed the role of the RB in this team, Kyle's never been comfortable and his form has suffered badly. In his defence, Kyle made lots of lung-busting runs today that were sadly in vain because Sheff Utd had a wide back five that denied a clear through ball to him, but he was rough in other areas of the field as well.

He was an amazing signing and he's been a brilliant professional since he got here - arguably our most important purchase of the Pep era. But sadly I think it's time for him to seriously assess his options. He's 33 in the summer, a year older than Zabaleta was when we moved him on to West Ham. Either he accepts a bit-part role going forward, what with the emergence of Stones, Lewis, and Akanji in his area of the field, or he has to move on for first-team football. Wish him luck with whatever he does because he's been fantastic for six great seasons.
Good comments there.

He lacks attacking intelligence that' why he is so clumsy up the pitch.

Those overlapping runs just to stop and stare at whose in the box like 4 seconds is amateur level.
It wouldn't be so bad if he could pick anyone out, generally a waste of energy and possesion 9 time out of 10.

Mahrez stopped passing it to him in the end on the overlap. Like he gets the tips when he’s trying to cross the ball in…
Not only Mahrez. Gundo, Bernie and Akanji also startet playing around him. It was obvious that the team wanted more controlled actions.

Blades were happy to let Walker start our build-up.
Every opponent is.

He had at least 2 great passes to Álvarez though who couldn't convert them.

Walker is still a good option if he brings the ball quickly to our creative mids and cares to defend his side. Pep and the team should insist on that more.
Clownery up the pitch and exposing our right side is counter productive.

Keep him and let him decide if he wants to stay at the end of his contract. We could lose a lot of experience this summer with Laporte, Bernie, Gundogan and Cancelo (already departed I think) reportedly unsettled. We need people in the dressing room who understand the philosophy and pass it on, even if he doesn’t get as much game time as before he will be a good mentor for the youngsters and new signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.