2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not the greatest Kyle Walker fan. His off-field behaviour has been well below the standard expected of this club.
His on-field performances have been acceptable - apart from crazy bookings or red cards - and his pace has bailed us out many times.
His performance today was …….utter shite.
Explanation would be welcome.

His worst performance in our shirt, hopefully just a one off and not the sign of decline.

His worst performance in our shirt, hopefully just a one off and not the sign of decline.
When I complained about the behaviour of Kyle Walker during the COVID lockdown to MCFC, I was informed that I would be given access to DEAN ASHTON.
Mr Ashton phoned me and gave me the biggest load of bullshit possible about his client…….YOUNG!! FFS he’s 30.
Kyle Walker was supposed to phone me - as a fan - to explain his actions. I heard bugger all.
He was total rubbish today. Who told him he could play midfield?? We have dozens of kids that can play midfield better than Kyle Walker.
Stick him in goal.

When I complained about the behaviour of Kyle Walker during the COVID lockdown to MCFC, I was informed that I would be given access to DEAN ASHTON.
Mr Ashton phoned me and gave me the biggest load of bullshit possible about his client…….YOUNG!! FFS he’s 30.
Kyle Walker was supposed to phone me - as a fan - to explain his actions. I heard bugger all.
He was total rubbish today. Who told him he could play midfield?? We have dozens of kids that can play midfield better than Kyle Walker.
Stick him in goal.
Sadly I have news for you, in my experience 90% of footballers, particularly English ones are utter dicks away from the pitch, Walker got caught but I would imagine he was not alone.

He was bad particularly in his 1v1s against Saint-maximin. But he was also hung out to dry tactically. You can't expect him to come inside like 30 yards from the space Asm was operating then have him sprint back everytime vs a player that can match his pace even with the ball at his feet.

Against teams that attack with pace down the wings, the inverted full-back system leaves the whole defence hideously exposed.

That one's on Pep.
Correct. He didn't play well at all but he wasn't helped by the system.

He is a very good RB but not a great CM and expecting him to play both roles at the same time isn't really a good idea.

Against teams that attack with pace down the wings, the inverted full-back system leaves the whole defence hideously exposed.
Using the full backs this way is meant to overload the opposition in their defensive third of the field, thus penning them in.

The problem in this game was NUFC played a 4-5-1, which overloaded midfield, but had pacy wingers whose remit was “get down the wing as soon as we win the ball, because you’ll have acres of space!”

I was very surprised we didn’t go to our old “back 3” approach in the second half, where Walker plays the RB/RCB role, allowing only Cancelo to slide inside into midfield.

The problem there, of course, is that Bernardo was playing LW, and without the threat of Walker on the overlap, and KDB playing as a pressing MF, you lose your right flank…which was how we scored our first goal, with Bernardo using Walkers overlapping run (which took 3 players with him) as a dummy to cross the ball!

That one's on Pep.
We can certainly start there, because by about the 25th minute, it was clear Walker inside was THE WEAKEST LINK on the field, and St Maximin was the most dangerous outlet they had!

One last thing…Walker has to be the worst defensive header of the ball for a fella who is big and fast that I have ever seen! His “bum into the player” schtick is beyond shit, but when he attacked Joelinton for a midfield header, with St M on the right wing free as a bird, it had to be a winning header, which it wasn’t! From there, it was Stones backpedaling against the onrushing St M! And, we all saw how that worked out when Stones made a rash challenge in the second half!

Last edited:
I am not the greatest Kyle Walker fan. His off-field behaviour has been well below the standard expected of this club.
His on-field performances have been acceptable - apart from crazy bookings or red cards - and his pace has bailed us out many times.
His performance today was …….utter shite.
Explanation would be welcome.
He was up against a very good player, we still look proper undercooked after a non-existent pre-season. The big thing was that our team were constantly giving the fucking ball away yesterday and Joelinton and SamMaximum were targeting space which made Walker look bad.

But if we didn’t give the ball away so much in the first place we wouldn’t have been exploited (Walker was as guilty of this as anyone n’all, he did have a shocker!).

Just a poor game from everyone yesterday and we looked like our pre-season was as shit as it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.