2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
To say he and his agent struck gold on a THREE-year extension would be an understatement.

His agent knew we were panicking after losing Gundogan and Mahrez and knew we couldn't lose all 3 in one window.

I firmly believe Pep would not have wined and dined Kyle had only one of those above left. It was simply too much experience to lose in one window and the money needed to replace him would have been far more than what we would being paying Kyle for the next 3 years.

I do think he leaves in the summer personally.

His agent knew we were panicking after losing Gundogan and Mahrez and knew we couldn't lose all 3 in one window.

I firmly believe Pep would not have wined and dined Kyle had only one of those above left. It was simply too much experience to lose in one window and the money needed to replace him would have been far more than what we would being paying Kyle for the next 3 years.

I do think he leaves in the summer personally.
Your last sentence might be right, but the rest isn’t.

I doubt many look to Walker as a mentor, he’s just a guy with an ego that needs to be massaged in order for him to be a monster in one on ones vs Vinicius and Mbappe.

He has been a brilliant servant for years, but he is nowhere near as good as he used to be. He is our weakest link at the back this season and cost us many goals. He had a good run for a month or two, but otherwise, he has been vulnerable. People still look at his historical accomplishments instead of what's in front of them and get excited by how fast he is (or was). This season, he is slower than Haaland or Nunes, for example, and 2km/h slower than he was last season. He must be replaced in the summer.

Not great for a large portion of the game, but we are throwing him onto the pitch straight after injury for 2 games back to back plus extra time against Madrid. He'd be forgiven if he is unfit and exhausted.

He has been a brilliant servant for years, but he is nowhere near as good as he used to be. He is our weakest link at the back this season and cost us many goals. He had a good run for a month or two, but otherwise, he has been vulnerable. People still look at his historical accomplishments instead of what's in front of them and get excited by how fast he is (or was). This season, he is slower than Haaland or Nunes, for example, and 2km/h slower than he was last season. He must be replaced in the summer.
Bollox is he slower than the players you mention. Don't bother pulling some stats from some clickbait internet site either. As long as we continue playing the high line we need him. Nunes? Good grief.

Our Kyle has made the headlines in the gutter press today (again)

Thought he was off it in both games this week for the first half hour or so then grew into them, put it down to the injury recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.