2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually disappear after a result like this as a lot will be emotionally charged but overall, I thought he was decent.

I’ve mentioned it a few times but if he looked over his shoulder, he could’ve handled the runner. However, the ball should’ve been stopped as well.
Can be forgiven as it’s his first game back since being injured.

He prevented Vinicius from capitalising on the passes to him.

Nonetheless, it’ll be interesting to see what City do to replace someone like Walker. It’s going to be tough. Walker is a wonder genetic specimen. May not be as quick as he once was but his running form, strength, power and pace still allows him to take on the very best wingers in world football who are far younger than him. However, he won’t be able to do that forever.

It is hard to find people like him, Rodri, and Gundo. City have to be nigh on perfect and lucky to find the perfect replacement.

I usually disappear after a result like this as a lot will be emotionally charged but overall, I thought he was decent.

I’ve mentioned it a few times but if he looked over his shoulder, he could’ve handled the runner. However, the ball should’ve been stopped as well.
Can be forgiven as it’s his first game back since being injured.

He prevented Vinicius from capitalising on the passes to him.

Nonetheless, it’ll be interesting to see what City do to replace someone like Walker. It’s going to be tough. Walker is a wonder genetic specimen. May not be as quick as he once was but his running form, strength, power and pace still allows him to take on the very best wingers in world football who are far younger than him. However, he won’t be able to do that forever.

It is hard to find people like him, Rodri, and Gundo. City have to be nigh on perfect and lucky to find the perfect replacement.
We cannot afford to buy anymore Kalvin Nunes's

We cannot afford to buy anymore Kalvin Nunes's
I agree with this. However, you can’t have a 23 man squad filled with stars. They’ll end up leaving sooner than staying.

City have to find the right balance but one thing I am is patient. I don’t expect any player to come in and hit the ground running. If they do, it’s more of a surprise than expected.

Whenever a player dons the sky blue of City, I back them until they don’t. Even if I didn’t want them at the club, one can only wish for them to do well, for the sake of the club.

It doesn’t work out but I’ll keep my opinions to myself while they’re here. Sometimes, it just doesn’t work out re Kalvin

He was 2 yards ahead of the rest of the back 4 despite being able to see across it, then lost Rodrygo in the box anyway. He also kills our build up from the back because he's crap on the ball and always plays a negative pass that puts his other defenders under pressure.
I'll argue this till I'm blue in the face, he's been a complete liability for 2 years. Akanji can do everything he can do defensively at right back and Rico is miles better going forward.

But Gary Neville keeps telling me he's the best fullback in the world so what the fuck do I know!
If you watch the Frimpong video in the transfer forum thread, you’ll hear Frimpong say that Walker is the best right-back in the game. He’s not being modest.

Not great today to say the least. I think the time is right this summer to say our goodbyes.

Dear God we gave him another 3 years of contract
Colosal mistake

Also hope we will see his back asap , much more dangerous for our goal than for the opponent's goal

Mentally just not on it, he can be as quick as he wants but mentally his decision making is so slow

Plenty to offer us still, it's not like he's the only person who's levels have dropped since last year

Think next season may be his last one for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.