2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

I'd sell him based solely on his on field performance. I watched a 21 year old American kid from the Bundesliga pocket Vini Jr. for the US the other night. This narrative that we need Walker has become as stale as week old bread. He's no longer good enough, simple as. If anyone is being emotionally irrational it's those thinking past contributions should be taken into account in the here and now. Nothing will detract from what he's accomplished here, but now he needs to go...
Lost count the amount of times last season he's been caught out in the final 3rd causing us issues in defence , If I can see that he's not a winger , can't cross a ball accurately and leaves us wide open at the back I'm sure.Pep can ,just a mystery after last seasons performances that Pep insisted on playing Walker in that role , he's not captain material and it.needs to change next season

I'd sell him based solely on his on field performance. I watched a 21 year old American kid from the Bundesliga pocket Vini Jr. for the US the other night. This narrative that we need Walker has become as stale as week old bread. He's no longer good enough, simple as. If anyone is being emotionally irrational it's those thinking past contributions should be taken into account in the hear and now. Nothing will detract from what he's accomplished here, but now he needs to go...
Then he should be replaced with a fast FB or CB as I have stated. We need his pace and that is a fact. The high line we play has done us over, too many times. If we replace his pace, then sure he can go.

He has reached his twilight, it is time anyway to replace, BUT not because of people being emotional about what he said about Grealish. Based on his on field form and age, I agree. He is not that good crossing or attack wise, but he has done his defensive duties the way he should have, because he is a defender not an attacker, if he could attack, it would have been a great bonus.

His main attribute is his strength and pace. Van de Ven can replace those with ease, plus add goals and assists, with good crossing. Dealing with Levy is another matter. Unless if we give him £60-70M for Micky.

He's been okay second half of the season, which is why he nearly always played, besides he's there talking about England who have picked him and selected him as vice captain.
I'm not going to revisit what I've said for over a year now. Walker needs to go. He was a one man train wreck on Real's goal at the Etihad that helped see us get knocked out. High profile games dependent on small margins are no longer for him...

Then he should be replaced with a fast FB or CB as I have stated. We need his pace and that is a fact. The high line we play has done us over, too many times. If we replace his pace, then sure he can go.

He has reached his twilight, it is time anyway to replace, BUT not because of people being emotional about what he said about Grealish. Based on his on field form and age, I agree. He is not that good crossing or attack wise, but he has done his defensive duties the way he should have, because he is a defender not an attacker, if he could attack, it would have been a great bonus.

His main attribute is his strength and pace. Van de Ven can replace those with ease, plus add goals and assists, with good crossing. Dealing with Levy is another matter. Unless if we give him £60-70M for Micky.
!00% needs replacing, I agree. I'm not saying move him on and then do nothing. It doesn't have to be a pace merchant as long as its someone who has decent speed and the ability to read and react effectively when defending...

I'm not going to revisit what I've said for over a year now. Walker needs to go. He was a one man train wreck on Real's goal at the Etihad that helped see us get knocked out. High profile games dependent on small margins are no longer for him...
Doubt he’s going anywhere, reckon he’ll play at least half the games next season maybe more.

Lost count the amount of times last season he's been caught out in the final 3rd causing us issues in defence , If I can see that he's not a winger , can't cross a ball accurately and leaves us wide open at the back I'm sure.Pep can ,just a mystery after last seasons performances that Pep insisted on playing Walker in that role , he's not captain material and it.needs to change next season
Was the same for that Iceland goal last week. Was a well worked goal from Iceland but they hardly broke at break neck pace. Absolutely no sign of him getting back. If he’s gonna play he just needs to stay back to cover counters. As he offers absolutely fuck all at the other end of the pitch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.