2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding this, additional comment not really necessary....

"The team of the tournament was picked by a panel of 12 "technical observers" including David Moyes, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Rafa Benitez"

Ahh get it now fucking sacked managers choosing the best players, tells you all you need to know

John Stones (who wasn’t great) had a better tournament than Walker and so did Guehi for that matter

Last edited:
Ahh get it now fucking sacked managers choosing the best players, tells you all you need to know

John Stones (who wasn’t great) had a better tournament than Walker and so did Guehi for that matter

The only thing I can think of is that maybe no right backs stood out, and they felt they should have an England player in because we got to the Final. So he's kind of in by default really.

Akanji and Saliba were the centrebacks and you could argue they'd both had good tournaments. Though I'd say Stones' best games were his last 2, after we'd knocked the Swiss out.

Last edited:
Just don't get hatred for this bloke on this forum after he played a major role in winning us everything in Pep's era.

Btw, just voted in the team of the tournament by UEFA's Technical Observer panel.
I don't get it either, what he does in his private life is his concern.

Football wise he's been outstanding for us, and is obviously more appreciated in football than he is by many on here.

The ONLY England player in that team of the tournament, yet City have 3.

I don't get it either, what he does in his private life is his concern.
Part of this may be City’s “fault” in that usually their players have impeccable character. Most are settled down family men who are uninteresting to the tabloids. I think we’re harder on players who don’t fit that “perfect” mold. You could say Jack is treated similarly harshly for his “moral failures.” (Yes, I get drinking had more potential impact on performance than sleeping around).

Anyway, as a woman, Kyle is not my favorite “character” (mostly because didn’t he learn his lesson with the first kid!!!), but I can’t help but appreciate him as a player. He also seems to have really helped integrate the new players this year. And that’s critical.

Thought Stones had a good tournament, but the 3 at the back did him no favors when Walker’s flank was left wide open by Saka repeatedly, Walker was late to get over, and Stones had to shuffle across to cover the space.

Thought he was strong in the air, carried the ball well, and was an excellent drop back option when we were struggling for the pass through the lines.

I had him as England’s MOTM multiple times until one of the forwards pulled a goal out of thin air. Then, it almost always goes to that player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.