2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm admittedly FAR more wrong than right with my takes, but some of you owe me an apology regarding it being insane giving him a deal until he's THIRTY-SEVEN. Pep had it 100% right benching him in the CL final, and I maintain he made it up to him by okaying the contract.

However, the fact that every season he's in the papers for doing something completely unprofessional made it even more baffling for me. Let alone when he was made CAPTAIN by his peers.

Last edited:
I'm admittedly FAR more wrong than right with my takes, but some of you owe me an apology regarding it being insane giving him a deal until he's THIRTY-SEVEN. Pep had it 100% right benching him in the CL final, and I maintain he made it up to him by okaying the contract.

However, the fact that every season he's in the papers for doing something completely unprofessional made it even more baffling for me. Let alone when he was made CAPTAIN by his peers.
We could not afford to lose another senior player last summer and he knew that and had our pants down in the contract negotiation.

Saudi this summer?

Yes, blues! Tell me again bow giving him a deal until he's 37 was the right call! A complete sympathy call from Pep and Txiki.

The fact that his publically saying,"It's all about the years" was completely brushed over is shocking. Well done to his agent.

His new contract was all about experience and authority in the dressing room ! Pep likes players who stand up and talk in the dressing room when something ain't right! Also losing Mahres and gundogan strengthened Walker position too. What I have a problem with is pep playing him every game especially with his age and at the moment on the pitch he ain't bringing anything

Personally, I was okay with moving him on.

Whilst I still feel fairly secure with his defending overall, he offers absolutely nothing in the attack. Bizarre choice for captaincy, can't think of any reasons why if not for seniority. Definitely never expected renewal means he starts every damn game.

Bear in mind we played half of last season without him starting. Put Stones/Akanji back on RB.

Still standing over free kicks like he has any technical ability and I love when he’s our attacking outlet wide right always works great so it does because he’s crossing is outstanding and captain? Do me a favour

Beyond the strong overlap and his covering speed, he is not good enough for this team.

He cost us an equalizer in the 90th minute against st Spurs and he flatters to deceive as a defender. He double dog dares a player to run past him, do they don’t…they just cross it!!

When defending headers, he always just undercuts the attacker with his big arse (which has cost us pens in the past) and is one of the least technically proficient players in the squad. He is also the most likely to be pressed hard when trying to get out from the back, because he constantly tries to be cleverer than he is.

I prefer Akanji over there in a 3 man defence, with Stones stepping forward from his RCB position to assist Rodri under normal circumstances.

I have a hard time seeing him playing for England ahead of Trippier, unless Southgate plays Trippier on the left!

Time is catching up with him and he’s one hamstring from possibly never playing for City again. That said, he doesn’t miss many through injury!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.