2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Sarcasm and insults eh well my friend we have different views but are both blues so let’s leave it at that
Perhaps try supporting the team instead of criticising our players
Walker is one of the best full backs in the world
Far better than you or I put together
Don’t bother replying I cba
Hopefully we beat Villa
Please explain the sarcasm and insults

Walker been great first 7/8 games maybe he needs a rest but if you watch that 3rd goal by spurs Walker could easily put a bit of effort in to stop that cross he stood there and watched it and he is the captain
In what world has he been great?

Of course do you play football ?
I clarified my first line I think
Yes you would want to stop a cross if possible but you can’t stop everyone other players have talent
Yes of course ultimately I would want to stop the cross tackle the attacker take the ball of him and set up an attack of my own leading to a goal
However sometimes you have to do the next best thing or the next best thing after that
I’m a centre half can I beat Crouch in the air - no
Therefore I will try and push and pull him off balance and win the second ball or take him in areas he doesn’t want to go

Walker was up against BJ who is equally rapid and has quick feet he didn’t dive in or give away a penalty or allow him the cardinal sin of going beyond him on his stronger foot
He stood him up and showed him his weak side
Remember BJ is also a very good player
Could he have done better - of course
Could he expect more from other players probably
Was he a shambles
In my opinion —No

Watch the third goal again mate, it's really poor from Walker. He's literally showing him on the outside which was encouraging him to take the cross. He needed to get tighter quicker and block that route and force him to play backwards. If he wanted to cut inside fine, Bernie was there to help cover that move and there were only two Spurs players in/around the box compared to 7 City players.

Last edited:
A right back job is to stop the crosses he stood there and watched it be crossed Ake has the harder job to defend that quality ball in the box against someone who is running on to the ball!
It’s not just the cross though. It’s to stop him from cutting in and shooting too. He’s hardly renown for his crossing, particularly off his left foot, nor is Kulusevski renowned for his heading ability. The decision by Walker wasn’t that bad.

He’s right though. It’s to defend against all potential outcomes. The most likely and dangerous outcome in that scenario was Johnson cutting and shooting.

He needed to be tighter regardless. He was allowed to carry the ball too close to goal considering where he picked it up. There were only a couple of Spurs players in support. He needed to force Johnson to go backwards, or force him inside. We had plenty of players covering if he did cut inside. I don't really blame Ake once the cross came in, Kulusevski was running at pace and threw himself at it, Ake ended up horizontal in the air from the collision. It would have taken something special for Johnson to cut in and score.

Maybe he does and hopefully Pep gives him one
He will know because players are assessed and medically tested to prevent injury etc
Maybe a rest to regain his hunger - who knows
All I can say I wouldn’t swap him for any other RB in the league at present

We can't drop or rest anyone at the moment we got no players

He needed to be tighter regardless. He was allowed to carry the ball too close to goal considering where he picked it up. There were only a couple of Spurs players in support. He needed to force Johnson to go backwards, or force him inside. We had plenty of players covering if he did cut inside. I don't really blame Ake once the cross came in, Kulusevski was running at pace and threw himself at it, Ake ended up horizontal in the air from the collision. It would have taken something special for Johnson to cut in and score.
There's no point arguing with these people who think this is satisfactory defending...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.