20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Bernie isn’t the ‘one’ a so called ITK was declaring the other day had a drinking problem.

He’s an absolute fan favourite legend partly down to his dislike of the Scousers.

He’s hillarious when drunk tbf, I thought it was one of the 9’s?

He’s hillarious when drunk tbf, I thought it was one of the 9’s?

TBF...so was I & could relate to Bernie.

yeah it’s pure speculation & could have been a false 9 where both Bernie, Torres & Sterling have all played - hopefully it’s all BS

Looks highly suspect that cancelo and Dias are back and he isn't.

A lack of eye catching numbers doesn't mean he's a jack of all trades master of none. When he's played right wing in the past, his role was to create and get assists, and he did that, when he's played centrally I don't understand why many people still expect the numbers he put up as a winger when it's clear to see he's asked to do an entirely different role. It's a role that goes largely under appreciated but its glaringly obvious what he brings to the side when he's not there.

Most of his work is done further back. He covers every blade of grass covering or backing up everybody behind him when they need help, he's the one that does all the running when Rodri decides he's stuck in a 5 metre square he can't move from. he's the one when the opposition press high that receives the ball under intense pressure and wriggles his way out of it creating the space for us to play our game in the opponents half for most of the game, he's the one who links with our forwards and gets them the ball which is no easy thing to do with a slow buildup and an opposition who want to only defend, Bernardo is critical to the way we play there's nobody else in the squad that can do what he does for us.
Fact is even as a winger his numbers were never great. Not disputing he had a brilliant season a few years back but he’s never going to score or assist a huge amount wherever he plays. Good lad but if he wants to move on it’s probably a good time for all concerned.

Looks highly suspect that cancelo and Dias are back and he isn't.

A lack of eye catching numbers doesn't mean he's a jack of all trades master of none. When he's played right wing in the past, his role was to create and get assists, and he did that, when he's played centrally I don't understand why many people still expect the numbers he put up as a winger when it's clear to see he's asked to do an entirely different role. It's a role that goes largely under appreciated but its glaringly obvious what he brings to the side when he's not there.

Most of his work is done further back. He covers every blade of grass covering or backing up everybody behind him when they need help, he's the one that does all the running when Rodri decides he's stuck in a 5 metre square he can't move from. he's the one when the opposition press high that receives the ball under intense pressure and wriggles his way out of it creating the space for us to play our game in the opponents half for most of the game, he's the one who links with our forwards and gets them the ball which is no easy thing to do with a slow buildup and an opposition who want to only defend, Bernardo is critical to the way we play there's nobody else in the squad that can do what he does for us.
One of Bernie’s mates has said he’s back in Manchester

Hope Bernie isn’t the ‘one’ a so called ITK was declaring the other day had a drinking problem.

He’s an absolute fan favourite legend partly down to his dislike of the Scousers.
Pretty sure this was in reference to one of Jesus or Torres.

Now that the Grealish transfer seems to be nearly done, I wonder Castles has mentioned anything about the potential Bernardo move.

Grealish incoming and Bernardo leaving are mutually exclusive. They're obviously not here for the same roles. I'd always prefer Bernardo playing against teams that don't sit back and defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.