20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any chance he breaks the relationship with that girlfriend ? Like Ruben for example :D

Spot on. Lead by example. When his peers like walker are tweeting about the distance bernaedo coverd in the game it shows his effort and desire are noticed by his team mates and id wager it rubs off on them too.

thats before you even take in to account the amount of control he gave us deeper and getting through the chelsea press

He's Duracell Bernie: he just runs and runs. At the end of the Chelsea game, he was back in the box making key clearances. I'd love to see the distance covered stats for that game because, even by his standards, it looked to be astounding.

It's funny, when we acquired him out of the blue, I though he was going to be this creative Messi-like dribbler but his best role for us seems to be as a midfield terrier who supports the DM. I don't if that is his natural role or one he has adapted to under Pep. Pep really does encourage passing over dribbling, especially outside the attacking third; I think you can already see Jack is choosing his moments to run with the ball more carefully. Bernie did have one glorious moment on Saturday where circumstances almost seemed to force him to go on a mazey run to bring the ball out.

Bernie plays a very disciplined game for City but maybe, deep down, one of the reasons he may want to move is for a freer role?

Wish we could get my song going....'Sometimes, all you need is a class Portugese that's Bernardo...' sung to 'The Air that I breathe' by the Hollies

I wish there was something us fans could do to persuade him to stay if it's true his girlfriend wants him to move.

Hopefully he looks at Sane and realises that sometimes it's best to do what's best for you.

Anyway, I'll repeat myself again but immense performance, same again v Liverpool please.

I wish there was something us fans could do to persuade him to stay if it's true his girlfriend wants him to move.

Hopefully he looks at Sane and realises that sometimes it's best to do what's best for you.

Anyway, I'll repeat myself again but immense performance, same again v Liverpool please.
You’ve hit the nail on the head mate, we need the Lothario skills of one @worsleyweb, if anyone can fuck that relationship up it’s this godly looking Adonis - let’s make it happen, we need him to stay!

I'm well aware that I'm in a minority of 1 here, but I believe that if he wants to go then we should respect that.

I'd very much rather that he stays, but it's his life. I trust him enough to accept his decision making process.

I'm well aware that I'm in a minority of 1 here, but I believe that if he wants to go then we should respect that.

I'd very much rather that he stays, but it's his life. I trust him enough to accept his decision making process.
Not at all, he's the ultimate professional, he hasn't sulked, downed tools or kicked up a stink, if anything this has made me love the guy more. An example to his peers, and certain ones in this current squad, that have shown a distinct lack of respect to the club who have enhanced their careers.

If he chooses to go, as wrenching as it will be, he will be remembered as someone who never let us 'the fans' down, and as an incredible player!

it’s sad because its not citys fault on why he wants to leave. It’s just the fact he wants to leave England apparently his girlfriend does as well. I don’t know how city could change his mind.
Put a 150 million buy out clause on his head. That should scare a few off and then he is here for another season. Simple.

Piecing it all together… he went public on being in a new relationship in May 2020, then it’s summer 2020 when he first told the club he wants out. I think the situation is that he is madly in love with his Portuguese model and she doesn’t care too much for living in the UK, so he’s moving for her. There is nothing we can do to keep him if he’s smitten and living here is a strain on their relationship. I don’t think Bernardo dislikes England, I think he’s perfectly fine with life here. But his partner is not.
Fuck her off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.