20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in Pep’s mind, and that’s what counts.

Where does he play and whom does he bench?
Silva had the most minutes of all our players besides Ederson last season and arguably he is our best player in the right midfield position. You do know Pep rather put KDB at false 9 than drop Bernardo in midfield.

He's the only player we have capable of replacing De Bruyne.

If he leaves in this transfer window and we make no more signings then we will have a weaker squad than last season.
City fans will get a reality check if Bernardo leaves and KDB is still injured. Grealish and Foden are not good enough for midfield.

City fans will get a reality check if Bernardo leaves and KDB is still injured. Grealish and Foden are not good enough for midfield.
Imo it's not just that Foden or Grealish aren't good enough. They may be or maybe not. We'd not know until tried.

It's also that we are then back to Sterling on the left if one of the 2 are out. Maybe this season's Sterling will be back to his best but its just not the step forward I was hoping for by signing Grealish.

I'd Bernardo goes then I hope there's a proven CM brought in. Bring Kante home!!!! ;-)

really hope he stays
Me too, bu5 I think it’s true the weather and probably having won many trophies makes him want away.i don’t think it’s a conflict with Pep, I think the manager has been fair to him, I just think he is done with England unfortunately...he has been amazing for us.

Me too, bu5 I think it’s true the weather and probably having won many trophies makes him want away.i don’t think it’s a conflict with Pep, I think the manager has been fair to him, I just think he is done with England unfortunately...he has been amazing for us.

the Times article explains it well and you can understand it too from his POV

I hope he stays but doubt he will. Terrific player for us. We are better for having him in the team. His pressing and all round game are immense. That win over Liverpool in early 2019 was his very best performance in many.

the Times article explains it well and you can understand it too from his POV
Yep a good article - all the money in the world won't help someone if they feel isolated or trapped. Hopefully this year he will be able to see more of his family and friends and I can see the club helping the situation with a more relaxed view to days off during a tough season.

From a footballing standpoint there can't be many clubs where he will be happy - I'm sure they will help him if he stays for one more season then be more flexible with allowing him to go back to Spain or Portugal. We certainly need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.