20 | Bernardo Silva - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had no grip of the game at all, the possession was mostly useless passes in our own half with no danger at all.
We were coming more into the game in the spell just before they scored, but with no real midfield or wingers we can’t expect to be creative.

Last time KDB was it for long, we had Gundo stepping up. We literally have no one like that at the moment. I would expect Bernie to be that guy but unfortunately it seems like asking too much from him.

Last time KDB was it for long, we had Gundo stepping up. We literally have no one like that at the moment. I would expect Bernie to be that guy but unfortunately it seems like asking too much from him.
We've not played him in a position to do that so whybwould expect that? He's got a completely different role. He has been largely excellent this season especially when put in his best role which is central alongside Rodri.

Looks like he is going through the motions a bit for me.
I think he flatters to deceive a lot and I don’t even think it’s anything new. What he always has in his favour, is that in the really big games, he is nearly always at it. Ive always found it quite odd that he’s more effective against better sides, than he is against the bang-average/shite, that would be most players bread and butter.

Looks like he is going through the motions a bit for me.
Had a very good 15-20 minutes at the start of the 2nd half, playing centrally.
He always wanted the ball and City had a little bit of control - the only section of the match.
But, he drifted out of the game and Villa regained the midfield dominance.
I normally think that Pep makes too few substitutions and often too late.
But, tonight, don't think any of his early-ish 3 subs influenced the game at all ?
If there was another 10 minutes of play, who do think would have scored ?

Had a very good 15-20 minutes at the start of the 2nd half, playing centrally.
He always wanted the ball and City had a little bit of control - the only section of the match.
But, he drifted out of the game and Villa regained the midfield dominance.
I normally think that Pep makes too few substitutions and often too late.
But, tonight, don't think any of his early-ish 3 subs influenced the game at all ?
If there was another 10 minutes of play, who do think would have scored ?
Not us

He has two very poor games by his standards, running around like a headless chicken and I agree with post above, he should be playing more central, we need that energy in the centre of the park but he has to be more disciplined and use all that energy far better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.