20 | Bernardo Silva - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time KDB was it for long, we had Gundo stepping up. We literally have no one like that at the moment. I would expect Bernie to be that guy but unfortunately it seems like asking too much from him.
in fact, there was a time a few seasons back where we actually looked more complete without KDB! Crazy to even think about now.

Not sure what Pep asked him to do but he was playing at CB, LB, RB, CDM, CAM, RW and may as well have been in goal with how far deep he was playing at points yesterday. Most creative player we have outside of Kev and he was stuck in our own half.

I was very harsh on him in my last assessment. He is world class no doubt but maybe a little bit of a victim of his versatility

Pep messed up playing Akanji and Stones in the middle against Villa.

Akanji isnt good enough in that role against top teams.

Would have been better to just let Nunes or Philips play or let Bernie pair with Stones.

Its somewhat a waste to play him wide in a hugely dependent control system, if the middle is lacking.

It worked last season because the middle was secure in Rodri and Stones, so Pep controlled the wings as well for total control.

But if yoh lose Rodri then its foolish to not put Bernie there to shore it up.

Gret strike, some good playing, but still feel he is not being great in matches against mid and low table teams. Still, without that first goal, I don't think we win it. And as usual, he ran his socks off. Well done Bernie

Produced some lovely dribbling and a sublime piece of skill in the first half topped off with a beautiful finish to get us back in the game. I'm so glad he stayed in the summer as I don't think we win the league without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.