20 | Bernardo Silva - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anybody was going to miss a pen for us, I'm glad it was him. You'd have to be seriously deranged to have a pop at Bernardo Silva. Others might not have been so fortunate. Gave us everything he had despite constantly being asked to do different things which normally completely messes with a players rhythm.

Can't leave this summer now. Has to win us another next year.

You didn't see Sergio's miss then .
He tried to be cute but that's how it goes. It'll hurt him as much as us.
I think he underestimated Lunin. Everyone seems to think of him as a joke and the eternal second choice RM keeper so Bernie thought of putting on a show, unfortunately it didn't work out

The keeper dives to the left and right more often than he stays in the middle. It's the % play if you aren't confident on hammering it in.
Agreed but elite keepers aren’t diving until the very last second. They can easily read clipped shots at that height. At least smash it down the middle like Kerry Dixon. If you look at Bernardo’s there was some curl on it too. Like a pass.

It’s a nightmare pen from Bernardo. At exactly the wrong time. It killed us.

Awful penalty, not sure what he was thinking. Didn't even disguise it, the keeper saw it all, hence not even moving. Can't dwell on it too much, as bad as it was.

I don't think he's been great this season though. Nowhere near the levels he hit last year. Seems to be missing that big of magic he had.

Still a top player and hope he stays. I just think him and a few others need to find that spark again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.