20 | Bernardo Silva - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the guy. He has been unbelievable for us and is a City legend. However, I think he has had a very poor season by his previous high standards. If we had a crystal ball and we knew we were gonna get the same again next season, I would sell him. It feels like he wants to go (arguably felt like that for a couple of years) and it might be the time for us to part ways.

He looks utterly burnt out, we have run the little fella into the ground, hate to say it but this summer may be the right time to say thank you so much and goodbye little man, a legend at our club for sure.

Been an amazing player for us but need far more than him doing shuttle runs up and down the wing. He's totally ineffective now in big games and carries zero goal threat. I'd have started Doku over him every day of the week.

Think we could comfortably find an upgrade at rw for Bernardo. I feel now is the right time to sell him. I think we have ran him into the ground over the last few years and he needs a less intense league

Considering they play in the front 3, Grealish, Doku and Bernardo have got 22 goals between them this season in all comps. Sterling and Mahrez could get those numbers by themselves.

Love Bernardo but we need more. It can't just be down to Phil and Erling to get all the goals.

Baffling some of the garbage I've just read on here. We win fuck all without Bernardo.

Bernardo hasnt had a player of the year season but he has been crucial to our season. He's often asked to do 3 different roles per game, it's incredibly difficult to find top form and rhythm when your role is constantly changing, its something we never acknowledge.

I surely don't need to point out what else he brings to the side but 12 goals and 10 assists is more than respectable return from him given he's often playing in a deeper role and his priority isn't to score and assist.

Last edited:
even with the 45/50m buyout fee he wanted to include in his contract, not many potential buyers imo.
neither any proper offers for him last few years.

he is really a versatile player, with great experience, useful to have in the squad, not a fixed first 11 players for me, but in some games he needs to start, also many times Pep managed to change tactics just by moving Bernardo across various positions within a game, so that versatility is big and rare skill at top level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.