20 games in....Title race back on?

If we give up this crazy idea of playing three at the back with the current players and stick to a back 4 then we are definitely contenders.

Yes he was. I'd like him to be more clincal in front of goal. That is one area where he could be better. Raheem and Silva lit up that game although West Ham stood off us. Could not have asked for an easier game.

Hazard has always been on it apart from last season. i reckon he fell out with Mourinho, possibly over the physio incident.

BBC and media annoying me regarding their critcism of Guardiola's Burnley interview. Big deal he was a bit tetchy, but he had a point. Compare that to Mourinho's conduct.
I know. Really enjoyed watching Lampard refusing to be West Ham biased (he's a West Ham boy after all) - fair and professional throughout. By winning tonight, Pep's has taken away the 'Burnley weapon' that Shearer/Wright would have tried to use against him. Can imagine the 'Plan B' scripts being handed to Lineker as we racked up the goals.

If we give up this crazy idea of playing three at the back with the current players and stick to a back 4 then we are definitely contenders.
A few changes in the tenses of the verbs are needed to your statement:
"If we had given up this crazy idea of playing three at the back with the current players and stuck to a back 4 then we would have been definitely contenders".

A few changes in the tenses of the verbs are needed to your statement:
"If we had given up this crazy idea of playing three at the back with the current players and stuck to a back 4 then we would have been definitely contenders".
Still not too late Len....a long way to go!

I admire your optimism and you are quite right 1st or 2nd is achievable .but what will be our drawback is we still in Europe and that will be priority plus we could have a good run in the cup .not being in Europe gives Chelsea and Liverpool an advantage
ChicagoBlue is right. Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea have been on their limit for most of the season - fair play to 'em. Apart from the first few months, we have been well within capacity with Pep getting to know his team and how it can function within his preferred blueprint. Still in the top four and we have more scope than our rivals to improve. Plenty of twists and turns left.

The next two games could well put down a marker for our chances....(though I'm sure there will be mor twists and turns)

Everton away is never easy and Spurs at home......they are playing very well and we will have to be at 100% to get anything from them.....and we won't have fernandinio........they play with a lot of pace and won't stand off us like West Ham did tonight.........

The next two games could well put down a marker for our chances....(though I'm sure there will be mor twists and turns)

Everton away is never easy and Spurs at home......they are playing very well and we will have to be at 100% to get anything from them.....and we won't have fernandinio........they play with a lot of pace and won't stand off us like West Ham did tonight.........

Yes two difficult games and at least 4 points are required. Defeat to Spuds (in controversial circumstances) last season effectively finished off any lingering hopes of glory.
If we lose to them in a couple of weeks that will kill off any chance we have this season. If we defend well we will beat them and I think we owe them one at this stage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.