20 games in....Title race back on?

One or two defenders in the January window may sure us up at the back, and if we can be more incisive going forward then we could still be in with a shout. We seemed a bit sharper at the start of the season.
They have to be better than what we have though, and able to hit the ground running immediately.

Kompany's return could be very significant. Stones, Kompany, Otamendi looks solid to me. With Jesus added to Sane and co, I think we're a lot stronger than people think.

They have to be better than what we have though, and able to hit the ground running immediately.

Kompany's return could be very significant. Stones, Kompany, Otamendi looks solid to me. With Jesus added to Sane and co, I think we're a lot stronger than people think.

A fully fit Kompany would be a huge boost for the rest of the season. I just don't think it's a realistic wish, sadly.

Stones, Kompany and Otamendi as a back 3 would be great if we can keep them all available for selection until the end of the season. We do need cover though, because if we loose Clichy or Sagne for any length of time, we are screwed.

Stones, Kompany and Otamendi as a back 3 would be great if we can keep them all available for selection until the end of the season. We do need cover though, because if we loose Clichy or Sagne for any length of time, we are screwed.
I don't know about that. Defensively we've been without Kompany for most of the season. I would go 3 at the back when Kompany has a few games under his belt, and I feel that then we'll be solid at the back, and be dominant in midfield and attack.

League is doable, we've got the best player in South America on his way to City, our Captain coming back, and well placed in League, Champions League and FA Cup.

As Guardiola says. Believe in this team. I sense for the first time in a couple of years the determination is there to win the league and make the most of this season. Two or three players are struggling a little bit, but the team as a whole might carry us through

Play a few more games like that one away to Everton and WHU again and we'll be in with a shout.

Good! Bournemouth can play some really good football. They attack really well but give you a chance to play. Arsenal were lucky to get a point because of that sending off. Given the way Arsenal played at City and that hour against Bournemouth I've written them off. I think they have really good players, but there's something not right there. If Sanchez leaves, they've had it.
You're right - Sanchez is half their team. On a related point, the difference between Silva andOzil/Hazard is consistency. Ozil went missing for his first year at Arsenal. Hazard went missing all of last season. Silva is at it every single game. Even on a rare poor day, Silva gives maximum effort. Majestic tonight.

You're right - Sanchez is half their team. On a related point, the difference between Silva andOzil/Hazard is consistency. Ozil went missing for his first year at Arsenal. Hazard went missing all of last season. Silva is at it every single game. Even on a rare poor day, Silva gives maximum effort. Majestic tonight.
Yes he was. I'd like him to be more clincal in front of goal. That is one area where he could be better. Raheem and Silva lit up that game although West Ham stood off us. Could not have asked for an easier game.

Hazard has always been on it apart from last season. i reckon he fell out with Mourinho, possibly over the physio incident.

BBC and media annoying me regarding their critcism of Guardiola's Burnley interview. Big deal he was a bit tetchy, but he had a point. Compare that to Mourinho's conduct.

I don't know about that. Defensively we've been without Kompany for most of the season. I would go 3 at the back when Kompany has a few games under his belt, and I feel that then we'll be solid at the back, and be dominant in midfield and attack.

League is doable, we've got the best player in South America on his way to City, our Captain coming back, and well placed in League, Champions League and FA Cup.

As Guardiola says. Believe in this team. I sense for the first time in a couple of years the determination is there to win the league and make the most of this season. Two or three players are struggling a little bit, but the team as a whole might carry us through
Setting aside the fact that Vinnie is arguably the world's most adept centre back (best in my view) - colossal in the air, quick and clean in the tackle and reads the game so well, he controls the team - decides when to commit to attack and directs those around him. With Vinnie calling the shots, Otamendi looks a better player - as did Joleon and Micah. Keeps the team calm under pressure. When team mates seeing him put the opposition's best player in his pocket it lifts 'em - spreads belief. Guts me to see him on the sidelines.

Was disappointed with Sterling tonight, was played into or got himself into good positions but always wanted that extra touch or time and the chances went begging.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.