20 games in....Title race back on?

We have the weakest squad in the top 5 so unless we get some top quality signings we will be lucky to make champs league. We desperately need some new defenders for starters.

Almost by definition, a run can come out of nowhere so anything is possible.

The big problem v recent years is the sheer number of serious challengers. We would need a few to either fall away, lose momentum or fail to mount a surge of their own. The odds are against that.

We have the weakest squad in the top 5 so unless we get some top quality signings we will be lucky to make champs league. We desperately need some new defenders for starters.

We'll make Champions League. City will finish 3rd.

All season I've been reading how Chelsea are running away with it...because of a recent record breaking run!...how the style and power of Liverpool is like watching the second coming of the Shankly era, and how Spurs are a young team of destiny (built on the shoulders of two youngsters...Kane and Alli, who seem to score 2/3 of their goals!)...AND that City have lost the plot, have no defence, can't score goals and Guardiola isn't up to snuff...

YET, half way through the season, we are level with Spurs, 2 puts behind Liverpool, and a "MASSIVE" 7 behind Chelsea.

In short, we simply have to do what CHAMPIONS have to do...beat Liverpool and Spurs at home, and beat Chelsea on their patch. From there, we simply have to match the performance of the other teams and we are SECOND!!! If Chelsea get beat by one of the other Top Four teams, and draw one more game than us, we are CHAMPIONS!!!

For anyone to say it is over already is ludicrous with all the top teams still to play each other. As we saw with City's games against Everton (2 missed pens) and Chelsea (missed open net to make it 2-0), the League is FULL of twists and turns EVERY YEAR. There is nothing to suggest this year will make it any different. Look at last year....Leicester running away with it? Really? 5000-1 shot pays out?!

There is lots and lots of football to be played yet and the teams that are "flying" rarely fly for 9 months straight. Thankfully, we looked like world beaters for the first handful of games, then hit a patch. Now, we are back on a bit of a run, albeit while not lighting up anyone's life. That same fall off, even for just a few games, can be the difference between 1st and 5th in the League this year.

From here on out, it is about matching results and beating the Top 6 AT HOME. Beyond that, don't lose at Arsenal, and beat Chelsea (or definitely don't lose) and we are in the mix come April/May.

The League is not, and never has been, a cake walk, and it takes scraping a few victories (QPR 2012 anyone?!) to get to the zenith, but ALL THE TOP TEAMS have a chance to win it...even Chelsea!!!

OUR SEASON IS DETERMINED FROM MARCH 18 to APRIL 5. Was probably ALWAYS going to be this way. I don't see how that has really changed, other than we need to catch up to Chelsea a bit!

COME ON CITY!!!
I admire your optimism and you are quite right 1st or 2nd is achievable .but what will be our drawback is we still in Europe and that will be priority plus we could have a good run in the cup .not being in Europe gives Chelsea and Liverpool an advantage

The following games could be turning points:

15th jan rags vs liverpool
21st jan city vs spurs
31st jan liverpool vs chelsea
4th feb chelsea vs arsenal
11th feb liverpool vs spurs

our corresponding games: everton (a) *Spurs game* wham (a), swansea (h), bourn (a)

If we can get full backs in and possibly midfield cover, i think we have a good a chance as anyone..

I think the title will be beyond us this season, unless we suddenly find an extra gear from somewhere. There are too many glaring weaknesses in the squad. Top four is more realistic, but even that's far from a given.

I'm hoping Gabriel Jesus will give us a lift, and maybe a loan signing this window (Badstuber?) to give us another option at the back.

mad is apt. The City bit isn't.

One or two defenders in the January window may sure us up at the back, and if we can be more incisive going forward then we could still be in with a shout. We seemed a bit sharper at the start of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.