20 games in....Title race back on?

I know we were never out of it, but I bet that Chelsea defeat will reinvigorate Citys players and have them really believing that they can win the title

I know we have to be better in the 2nd half of the season, but I believe we will improve as the new players settle in and adapt to the league and manager. I am also very impressed with the way City have played in the last two home games. It wasn't great football against Burnley but it was a really committed performance as was Arsenal.

I was looking at the next few fixtures in the League and I think we'll know after the next 4 games if it's on. I don't think Chelsea are as good as everyone thinks, and we'll find out now. They've got Liverpool and Arsenal back to back. Our games looks tough but so do everyone elses. As a bare minimum I think we have to take 9 points from the next 3 games. i think that will see us close the gap on Chelsea.

We also have the filip of Jesus joining us, and I hope Kompany will return. Potentially that could make a big impact.

City

Everton (a)
Spurs (h)
WHU (a)
Swansea(h)

Chelsea

Leicester (a)
Hull (h)
Liverpool (a)
Arsenal (h)

Liverpool

Utd (a)
Swansea (h)
Chelsea (h)
Hull (a)

Spurs

WBA h
City a
Sunderland a
Boro (h)

Everyone has difficult fixtures.
Marvin have you watched us play lately we are pure shite. All this does is put the rags in with a better chance and Spuds and Dippers not us. We are just not
good enough. Will probably lose to Spurs get a couple of draws and beat Swansea. Even if Jesus the son of God was coming he would be unlikely to win the league for us as for a raw 19
year old cop on to yourself. Now maybe next year if we buy wisely a big "if" we will go close.

There will be twists and turns all the way, as long as we finish above Stretford Rangers that will do me. Learning curve for Pep this year. A title would be nice though.

I bet that Chelsea defeat will reinvigorate Citys players and have them really believing that they can win the title

An that could also be the reason we may not, belief plays a big part in a title run and we simply dont have the confidence in the team or more correctly in the defense, I think the reason is our defenders not only have no trust in our current "Keeper" to keep a clean sheet but he has zero input into the game at the moment.
The one bloke on the field who is in a position to see (Or f*cking well should if he is any good) situations developing should be directing and warning the defenders to cover the areas he is worried about, it may just be a language thing or a complete loss of confidence because he`s not yet settled in but quite frankly he looks a bit shit, and even his supporters know full well he would not get into any premiership team playing the way he has.
Within a team there are groups that play as a team within a team an the defense is the mainstay, Bravo has either not settled or is not trusted (Yet), it may well be a time thing, a lot of players struggle in their first season.

But lets not forget there is a rebuild going on, Roberto got shit for "Playing defensively" in his first season while he build a title winning side, the result was the team got to practice over and over defending as a unit that stood up to a wet & windy away fixture where they just kick lumps off you an dig in for 90 mins, they are the points that win you titles.

Pep has gone the other way with the offensive side of the game first, see what works an whats a problem then fix it, my personal view is Pep f*cked up big time with bringing in Bravo without time to settle in, but then he gets £15 million quid to call the shots so what do I know, either way this does not feel like a title winning side yet.

Next 6 fixtures for the current top 6 clubs

Chelsea - 12 points at least.

Liverpool - 12 points at least.

Spurs - 14 points at least.

Arsenal - 14 points at least.

Rags - 14 points at least.

City - 12 points at least.

My opinion of how these games might pan out, and that makes it very tight all round.

Not far off what I would predict.

Next 6 fixtures for the current top 6 clubs

Chelsea - 12 points at least.

Liverpool - 12 points at least.

Spurs - 14 points at least.

Arsenal - 14 points at least.

Rags - 14 points at least.

City - 12 points at least.

My opinion of how these games might pan out, and that makes it very tight all round.
If this is how it pans out CIty will be fifth and certainly out of title race and may well end up sixth. Hoping we pick up more than those around us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.