2011 John Smiths Grand National - YOUR BETS?

fantastic sporting event and having been to the ladies day on the friday i will be going again.

i salute these animals they are truly amazing things.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:37 am --<br /><br />
jay_mcfc said:
Going off a little here, I think it's time whips were banned. If nobody carried them then it's an equal playing field and no-one would be disadvantaged

But everyone carries one mate so it is an even playing field.

Thats what separates the best jockeys from the bad jockeys because they know when to use the whips

Richard said:
Thats why the 'why would they keep running' argument doesnt really stand up.

As previoulsy mentioned, I love horse racing and of course it carries a risk, but deaths at the National isnt a risk, its an inevitability.

That's hardly a ringing endorsement for the event then is it?

I can't see us having a 100m sprint at the Olympics if it was an inevitability that competitors would die.

Just out of interest, what is it about horse racing that you like; is it the money side of it?

it would still hold the same level of fun if there was no hurdles

maybe change the surface, ie: have a long stretch of sand they run on, then go uphill etc. the best horse would win.

GStar said:
Just out of interest, what is it about horse racing that you like; is it the money side of it?
Watching a group of animals tuned to perfection compete it out a couple of miles of course is amazing to watch

I didn't have a bet on the National, but this morning when I turned in for work, I pulled onto the car park and in my usual space there was a Coral betting slip lying on the ground. Just out of interest I picked it up to find a £1.50 e/w bet on Ballabrigg at 16 to 1. Popped into my local Corals and collected £33.00.

I think I might get a lottery ticket today. My luck is in......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.