2012 Ryder Cup...

Bluebee2 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I have to say golf is a long way from my favourite sport (mainly because of the people who play it ;-)) but I really enjoy the Ryder Cup.

What a great advert for Pan European co-operation ;-)

Go on I'll bite," because of the people that play it " any chance you can explain ?
I find them to be pompous and self-important in the main.

I also find they talk about golf too much.

Anyone who shouts " Get in the hole" when a player tees off on a 500 yard par 5 should be quickly shot, as a warning to other baffoons thinking of shouting this the original baffoon should be stuffed,placed upright with bullet holes in full view and a full warning of what will happen.

Bluebee2 said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I'm also on Europe to give the sherman's a good hiding in their own back yard.
I think Poulter is nailed on for the loud trousers award,if nothing else.
He wins this with considerable ease most times,and in a sport that fashion forgot like golf that really is some achievement.

Problem with that in the Ryder Cup is they all wear the same gear, I believe they'll wear something as a tribute to Seve on the first morning.
I think it's going to be on the final day
Blue trousers,blue jumper,White shirt. . . Seve's fav outfit
All wearing them for the singles,will look pretty good.

The cookie monster said:
Bluebee2 said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I'm also on Europe to give the sherman's a good hiding in their own back yard.
I think Poulter is nailed on for the loud trousers award,if nothing else.
He wins this with considerable ease most times,and in a sport that fashion forgot like golf that really is some achievement.

Problem with that in the Ryder Cup is they all wear the same gear, I believe they'll wear something as a tribute to Seve on the first morning.
I think it's going to be on the final day
Blue trousers,blue jumper,White shirt. . . Seve's fav outfit
All wearing them for the singles,will look pretty good.

Even better thaN I was informed, all 12 players as part of the tribute, nice touch.

shootmeifipost10k said:
Anyone who shouts " Get in the hole" when a player tees off on a 500 yard par 5 should be quickly shot, as a warning to other baffoons thinking of shouting this the original baffoon should be stuffed,placed upright with bullet holes in full view and a full warning of what will happen.

This.its just stupidity.no one even with wind behind could hit it 500 yards.not sure about bullet holes but agree with rest

I love the Ryder Cup. Top global sportsmen and the master of their craft in head to head competion with the elements of nature thrown in.
Lots of pressure and no excuses. Looking forward to it.

I am predicting a messy weekend for some of us. With city away I don't think I'll leave the boozer. Wonder if Chicago blue will be on giving us a taster from the yank side prior to tee off

Bluebee2 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I have to say golf is a long way from my favourite sport (mainly because of the people who play it ;-)) but I really enjoy the Ryder Cup.

What a great advert for Pan European co-operation ;-)

Go on I'll bite," because of the people that play it " any chance you can explain ?
The perception, repeat (in capitals for emphasis), PERCEPTION is that golf is played by rich, fat businessmen who are having a long lunch break before going back to the office to rattle the bejaysus out of his PA over the photocopier, while the office junior(s) are flogging their guts out for the minimum wage.

P-E-R-C-E-P-T-I-O-N, remember!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.