2012 Ryder Cup...

Brisblu said:
I love the Ryder Cup. Top global sportsmen and the master of their craft in head to head competion with the elements of nature thrown in.
Lots of pressure and no excuses. Looking forward to it.

And they play for nothing.

Its golf at its very best.

Brisblu said:
I love the Ryder Cup. Top global sportsmen and the master of their craft in head to head competion with the elements of nature thrown in.
After city it's the next best sporting event for me
Although Cheltenham,royal ascot & and an ashes match run it close.

The cookie monster said:
Brisblu said:
After city it's the next best sporting event for me
Although Cheltenham,royal ascot & and an ashes match run it close.

That's heresy mate - Cheltenham beats everything by a fucking distance,even allowing for the hangovers,the travelling,paying £200 for bed and breakfast,losing a small fortune and being served with divorce papers when you finally return.
I do love the Ryder though,much as I could happily run amok through the daft,fat sherman's with a Kalashnikov at the first hint of a 'USA,USA' chant.

Doesn't it wind you up all holding their flags USA USA USA,stars n stripes painted on their cheeks,and as some have said 600 yard par five,and some **** shouting it's in the hole from the tee.

Just looked at the odds for top combined points scorer.

Europe have got 7 of the top 10 in the market on Betfair.
Only Woods, Johnson & Stricker for USA.

Even accounting for the fact that EUR traditionally does better in the Fourballs & Foursomes, (effectively 2 players pick up a point each), the outright price of 7/4 for Europe looks a bit generous.

I fear the Shermans may take it this time...they've improved considerably since last time out and you could argue they outplayed us then.

The cookie monster said:
sinnerman said:
I fear the Shermans may take it this time...they've improved considerably since last time out and you could argue they outplayed us then.
How have they improved?

Number of people in the world top 20 for a start...

12 Yanks v 6 Europeans I think

The cookie monster said:
sinnerman said:
How have they improved?

Tigers finding a bit of form,but I don't see much else to shout about.
Man for man,I reckon the Europeans have the stronger team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.