2012 Ryder Cup...

johnmc said:
conormcfc said:
johnmc said:
Will we win?? He's a wanker.
Not really his fault if the rest of the team are making fuck all happen. He's on course to win 3 out of 3.

Great matchplay player.

Sigh. He reminds me of Stuart Pearce. Good honest player. 100%. But no where near the best. But because he shows this heart on the sleeve stuff people get behind him. People get behind him and make him a better player than he actually is.

Said it before. Good golfer but not good enough. I'll bet you he doesn't win a major in the next 5 years? I wouldn't place that bet with any other golfer on the course. Westwood will win one before him.

He's got a fucking awesome Ryder Cup record, (unlike Stuart Pearce...)

He's just made five birdies on the bounce to complete three wins from three starts.

What is your beef with him?

johnmc said:
conormcfc said:
johnmc said:
Will we win?? He's a wanker.
Not really his fault if the rest of the team are making fuck all happen. He's on course to win 3 out of 3.

Great matchplay player.

Sigh. He reminds me of Stuart Pearce. Good honest player. 100%. But no where near the best. But because he shows this heart on the sleeve stuff people get behind him. People get behind him and make him a better player than he actually is.

Said it before. Good golfer but not good enough. I'll bet you he doesn't win a major in the next 5 years? I wouldn't place that bet with any other golfer on the course. Westwood will win one before him.

It's not really the point, 12 Ian Poulter's would have won Europe this Ryder Cup, 12 Tiger Woods wouldn't, despite Tiger being the much better player.

You can never count anyone out on majors.

johnmc said:
Monty wasn't good enough though. I know it isn't a major. But my opinion on Poulter isn't based on the Ryder cup. It's based on 10 years. I've already said he's obviously a good player. Just not great.

I'm not sure what you're even trying to argue tbh. It doesn't seem like you're trying to refute the fact that he's a great matchplay player, but rather make the point that he isn't good enough to win majors. Has anyone actually said that he is?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:
conormcfc said:

Great matchplay player.

It's not really the point, 12 Ian Poulter's would have won Europe this Ryder Cup, 12 Tiger Woods wouldn't, despite Tiger being the much better player.

Not sure how you work that out. How do you know he would have beat bubba for example. You don't. Don't start comparing woods to Poulter

conormcfc said:
johnmc said:
Monty wasn't good enough though. I know it isn't a major. But my opinion on Poulter isn't based on the Ryder cup. It's based on 10 years. I've already said he's obviously a good player. Just not great.

I'm not sure what you're even trying to argue tbh. It doesn't seem like you're trying to refute the fact that he's a great matchplay player, but rather make the point that he isn't good enough to win majors. Has anyone actually said that he is?

If he put as much effort into the other 100 weeks of the 2 years that aren't the 4 years of him trying to prove himself as a wildcard pick to play in the Ryder Cup as he does in that 4 and at the Ryer Cup then I think he could, finished 2nd in 08 to Paddy in The Open and you don't hold putts like that without the bottle and talent.

Sadly he likes to spend his time fashion designing or whatever it is he's up to these days.

conormcfc said:
johnmc said:

I'm arguing that Poulter is a dick.

johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:

Not sure how you work that out. How do you know he would have beat bubba for example. You don't. Don't start comparing woods to Poulter

I'd rather have Poulter than Woods in the Ryder Cup, record speaks for itself.

I didn't say he'd beat Bubba, I'd say he'd win you the cup, big difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.