2012 Ryder Cup...

johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:
I'd agree woods is as big if not bigger cock. However woods is a winner. If their careers ended now tiger has numerous majors. Do you think Poulter is happy with contributing points to Ryder cup totals as his career highlights.

He might be, that's up to him, and no matter how many majors Tiger wins it doesn't excuse what he did off the course, so really that's neither here nor there, this is the Ryder Cup and in the Ryder Cup Poults is one of the best, whether he is a dick or not frankly when it comes to playing golf people don't care. Poulter has had a very good career, yes he hasn't won a major but not many do, but that's irrelevant this week. He's won Europe a point and got everybody up and positive and you never know, it's really unlikely but Europe could pull off a shock fightback tomorrow, and if not, if we at least achieve a credible scoreline and don't get thrashed then we can finish up on sunday, accept the US were better which they are and go home without any embarrassment.

And all that has precisely sod all to do with Poults major record, which btw, for someone who hasn't won one is still pretty good.

A major record is nothing unless you win one. So there is no good record unless you win one. Montys major record is good is it? As I alluded to before he's the tim henman of golf. Are you telling me henman has a good gran slam record coz he got to a few quarters and a few semis??

But I agree with the rest of your post.

Monty blew his best chance, the similarity between him and Poults ends at good Ryder Cup records.

Don't wish to be rude about the following's achievements, but Rich Beem, Shaun Micheel, Todd Hamilton all won a major, all have done fuck all in anything since. Do they go down as great? do they heck, they go down as right place, right time, that's the problems with majors, you can't put people automatically down as better than the rest on 1 good week, sustained form carries more weight, multiple majors even so.

Poults won the World Matchplay and the Volvo Matchplay, I think if there was a Matchplay major he'd be right up there, as it is he's finished in the top 10 in majors 3 times this year so he's not far away and if he gets a break in one of them then he may seize his chance, he's 36 so has plenty of time yet.

You can't compare one of the greatest of all time to Poulter, but at the same time it doesn't devalue any of Poulter's achievements and doesn't stop him being a very good player. Is he one of the best, in matchplay yes, strokeplay no. Some people find their niche and use it to their advantage, when it comes to the Ryder Cup majors mean sod all, Matchplay titles on the other hand can give an indicator, which is why it's no surprise to see Colsaerts and Poulter playing well this week.

You wouldn't undermine Goater's record with us just because we have Aguero, you'd appreciate both in their own unique way, you have to appreciate that only one can be the best and only a select few can be the one of the best.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
He might be, that's up to him, and no matter how many majors Tiger wins it doesn't excuse what he did off the course, so really that's neither here nor there, this is the Ryder Cup and in the Ryder Cup Poults is one of the best, whether he is a dick or not frankly when it comes to playing golf people don't care. Poulter has had a very good career, yes he hasn't won a major but not many do, but that's irrelevant this week. He's won Europe a point and got everybody up and positive and you never know, it's really unlikely but Europe could pull off a shock fightback tomorrow, and if not, if we at least achieve a credible scoreline and don't get thrashed then we can finish up on sunday, accept the US were better which they are and go home without any embarrassment.

And all that has precisely sod all to do with Poults major record, which btw, for someone who hasn't won one is still pretty good.

A major record is nothing unless you win one. So there is no good record unless you win one. Montys major record is good is it? As I alluded to before he's the tim henman of golf. Are you telling me henman has a good gran slam record coz he got to a few quarters and a few semis??

Monty blew his best chance, the similarity between him and Poults ends at good Ryder Cup records.

Don't wish to be rude about the following's achievements, but Rich Beem, Shaun Micheel, Todd Hamilton all won a major, all have done fuck all in anything since. Do they go down as great? do they heck, they go down as right place, right time, that's the problems with majors, you can't put people automatically down as better than the rest on 1 good week, sustained form carries more weight, multiple majors even so.

Poults won the World Matchplay and the Volvo Matchplay, I think if there was a Matchplay major he'd be right up there, as it is he's finished in the top 10 in majors 3 times this year so he's not far away and if he gets a break in one of them then he may seize his chance, he's 36 so has plenty of time yet.

You can't compare one of the greatest of all time to Poulter, but at the same time it doesn't devalue any of Poulter's achievements and doesn't stop him being a very good player. Is he one of the best, in matchplay yes, strokeplay no. Some people find their niche and use it to their advantage, when it comes to the Ryder Cup majors mean sod all, Matchplay titles on the other hand can give an indicator, which is why it's no surprise to see Colsaerts and Poulter playing well this week.

You wouldn't undermine Goater's record with us just because we have Aguero, you'd appreciate both in their own unique way, you have to appreciate that only one can be the best and only a select few can be the very best.

Good post mate. However I'd never say goater was a great player. An icon yes. A legend yes. But if you are arguing the merits of Poulter against the merits of goater it tells it own story.

I'll readily admit my main issue with him is his personality. But he'll never be a great player.

johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:

You wouldn't undermine Goater's record with us just because we have Aguero, you'd appreciate both in their own unique way, you have to appreciate that only one can be the best and only a select few can be the very best.

Good post mate. However I'd never say goater was a great player. An icon yes. A legend yes. But if you are arguing the merits of Poulter against the merits of goater it tells it own story.

I'll readily admit my main issue with him is his personality. But he'll never be a great player.

No-one's disputing that, I used Goater as an example, not a direct comparison as you can't really compare between different sports, the circumstances are very different.

I think Poulter is a very good player, a fantastic player when he puts his mind to it. That's not enough to ever justify him being a great player, but a great Ryder Cup and Matchplayer he is without a doubt.

Singles Matches:

Bubba Watson v Luke Donald
Webb Simpson v Ian Poulter
Keegan Bradley v Rory McIlroy
Phil Mickelson v Justin Rose
Brandt Snedeker v Paul Lawrie
Dustin Johnson v Nicolas Colsaerts
Zach Johnson v Graeme McDowell
Jim Furyk v Sergio Garcia
Jason Dufner v Peter Hanson
Matt Kuchar v Lee Westwood
Steve Stricker v Martin Kaymer
Tiger Woods v Francesco Molinari.

Bottom 4 are write-offs imo so we have to win the first 8 to tie.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
The cookie monster said:
Looks like some folk have a hatred for Mr poulter
Oh dear!

Of course they do.
He's a millionaire who is good at what he does for a living.
Clearly using Bluemoon logic he must be a ****.
I have read some shit in my time on here mate
But nothing whatsoever beats the last 6 0r 7 pages of this thread..

As you would say..........Unbelieveable Jeff!

The cookie monster said:
Oh dear!

Of course they do.

He comes across very cocky and arrogant,

Like yesterday, fist pumping to the crowd on the first tee, then skewing it into the rough

celebrate after the shot, not before

The cookie monster said:
The cookie monster said:
Oh dear!

Of course they do.
I have read some shit in my time on here mate
But nothing whatsoever beats the last 6 0r 7 pages of this thread..

As you would say..........Unbelieveable Jeff!

Not worth losing sleep over mate.
The brains trust have decided that Poulter is a twat,no matter how well he plays.
None of them have ever actually met him of course,but he is a twat anyway.
Welcome to the parallel universe that is downstairs.
Please abandon all logic prior to logging on.

FisHman99 said:
The cookie monster said:
Oh dear!

Of course they do.

He comes across very cocky and arrogant,

Like yesterday, fist pumping to the crowd on the first tee, then skewing it into the rough

celebrate after the shot, not before
How did he go on in the match?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.