2012 Ryder Cup...

johnmc said:
conormcfc said:
johnmc said:
Monty wasn't good enough though. I know it isn't a major. But my opinion on Poulter isn't based on the Ryder cup. It's based on 10 years. I've already said he's obviously a good player. Just not great.

I'm not sure what you're even trying to argue tbh. It doesn't seem like you're trying to refute the fact that he's a great matchplay player, but rather make the point that he isn't good enough to win majors. Has anyone actually said that he is?

I'm arguing that Poulter is a dick.
Should've just said that from the start.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
It's not really the point, 12 Ian Poulter's would have won Europe this Ryder Cup, 12 Tiger Woods wouldn't, despite Tiger being the much better player.

You can never count anyone out on majors.

Not sure how you work that out. How do you know he would have beat bubba for example. You don't. Don't start comparing woods to Poulter

I'd rather have Poulter than Woods in the Ryder Cup, record speaks for itself.

I didn't say he'd beat Bubba, I'd say he'd win you the cup, big difference.

Yes but you can't say that. He wouldn't win me anything because he hasn't won anything and in my opinion he won't win anything.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:56 pm --<br /><br />
conormcfc said:
johnmc said:
conormcfc said:
I'm not sure what you're even trying to argue tbh. It doesn't seem like you're trying to refute the fact that he's a great matchplay player, but rather make the point that he isn't good enough to win majors. Has anyone actually said that he is?

Thought I did.

johnmc said:
City Raider said:
fuck me last thing i expected to see on here is poulter getting stick lmao - we'd be fucked without him

Even more fucked you mean. It's pretty much over.

respectability, some credibility and some positive performances from a European point of view are nothing but great, no matter who's scoring the points.

There's no bigger dick than Tiger Woods when it comes to off the course, so having a go at Poults is low to say the least.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:58 am --<br /><br />
johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:
Not sure how you work that out. How do you know he would have beat bubba for example. You don't. Don't start comparing woods to Poulter

I'd rather have Poulter than Woods in the Ryder Cup, record speaks for itself.

I didn't say he'd beat Bubba, I'd say he'd win you the cup, big difference.

Yes but you can't say that. He wouldn't win me anything because he hasn't won anything and in my opinion he won't win anything.

-- Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:56 pm --

conormcfc said:
johnmc said:

Thought I did.

he hasn't won anything? you're like a rag who professes that their team is all homegrown and from the academy.

Simpson & Watson were just in a different class to everyone else... not the US Open and Masters Champions for nothing. Both delivered under huge pressure.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:
City Raider said:
fuck me last thing i expected to see on here is poulter getting stick lmao - we'd be fucked without him

respectability, some credibility and some positive performances from a European point of view are nothing but great, no matter who's scoring the points.

There's no bigger dick than Tiger Woods when it comes to off the course, so having a go at Poults is low to say the least.

I'd agree woods is as big if not bigger cock. However woods is a winner. If their careers ended now tiger has numerous majors. Do you think Poulter is happy with contributing points to Ryder cup totals as his career highlights.

johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:

There's no bigger dick than Tiger Woods when it comes to off the course, so having a go at Poults is low to say the least.

I'd agree woods is as big if not bigger cock. However woods is a winner. If their careers ended now tiger has numerous majors. Do you think Poulter is happy with contributing points to Ryder cup totals as his career highlights.

He might be, that's up to him, and no matter how many majors Tiger wins it doesn't excuse what he did off the course, so really that's neither here nor there, this is the Ryder Cup and in the Ryder Cup Poults is one of the best, whether he is a dick or not frankly when it comes to playing golf people don't care. Poulter has had a very good career, yes he hasn't won a major but not many do, but that's irrelevant this week. He's won Europe a point and got everybody up and positive and you never know, it's really unlikely but Europe could pull off a shock fightback tomorrow, and if not, if we at least achieve a credible scoreline and don't get thrashed then we can finish up on sunday, accept the US were better which they are and go home without any embarrassment.

And all that has precisely sod all to do with Poults major record, which btw, for someone who hasn't won one is still pretty good.

johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:

You might as well argue Aguero has never won the champions league therefore he's shit...or even a cock because you take an exception to his personality..

Just remember nobody's asking you to live with Poulter so you don't have to fancy him. His only job as far as us punters are concerned is to beat Americans....and up to now he's doing pretty well.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

He might be, that's up to him, and no matter how many majors Tiger wins it doesn't excuse what he did off the course, so really that's neither here nor there, this is the Ryder Cup and in the Ryder Cup Poults is one of the best, whether he is a dick or not frankly when it comes to playing golf people don't care. Poulter has had a very good career, yes he hasn't won a major but not many do, but that's irrelevant this week. He's won Europe a point and got everybody up and positive and you never know, it's really unlikely but Europe could pull off a shock fightback tomorrow, and if not, if we at least achieve a credible scoreline and don't get thrashed then we can finish up on sunday, accept the US were better which they are and go home without any embarrassment.

And all that has precisely sod all to do with Poults major record, which btw, for someone who hasn't won one is still pretty good.

A major record is nothing unless you win one. So there is no good record unless you win one. Montys major record is good is it? As I alluded to before he's the tim henman of golf. Are you telling me henman has a good gran slam record coz he got to a few quarters and a few semis??

But I agree with the rest of your post.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:14 am --<br /><br />
sinnerman said:
johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

You might as well argue Aguero has never won the champions league therefore he's shit...or even a cock because you take an exception to his personality..

Just remember nobody's asking you to live with Poulter so you don't have to fancy him. His only job as far as us punters are concerned is to beat Americans....and up to now he's doing pretty well.

No because Aguerro has won a uefa cup and a premier league trophy. So no comparison really. And Aguerro isn't a self conscious cock.

You can't compare the champions league to a 23 year old to a 36 year old golfer with 4 shots to a major over a 30 year career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.