2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

What says Manchester City other than blue and white so why people say navy socks I don't know!
I'm all for the club mixing up the away kits. I'd like red and black obviously for most of the time but I do enjoy seeing us in unusual colours. I've heard our 3rd kit next season could be orange and purple! Great!

Me too haha

Home Kit: Blue shirt, White shorts, White socks

Away Kit: Red and Black striped shirt, Black shorts, Black socks

Third Kit: GO FUCKING MENTAL. No colour too extreme, i want clashes, high vis, Fuck it lets put lights on it.

New kits every single year means a necessity to change the kit and the format of the kit every year. Get with the programme lads, you're not gonna change it. Find something else to moan about.

The whole point of this is that even though we now get a new kit every year, you don't have to change the base colours – The dippers are always all red, Chelsea are always blue shirts and shorts with white socks etc. The designs change year on year, but those fundamentals never change... and that's what I want City to get right!
Personally i'd rather have a set sock colour, but as long as the shirt is sky blue and the shorts are white, I don't mind if they alternate the sock colour between sky blue, white or navy every year.

What says Manchester City other than blue and white so why people say navy socks I don't know!
I'm all for the club mixing up the away kits. I'd like red and black obviously for most of the time but I do enjoy seeing us in unusual colours. I've heard our 3rd kit next season could be orange and purple! Great!

This is the first kit we wore as Manchester City...

2i24zly.png

...this is why people keep saying Navy Blue Socks... in fact we wore them up to 1951 (with the exception of black socks twice) ...in fact we have worn navy/dark blue socks for 69yrs of our 122yr existence, so technically it is the most worn sock colour.

2i24zly.png

...this is why people keep saying Navy Blue Socks... in fact we wore them up to 1951 (with the exception of black socks twice) ...in fact we have worn navy/dark blue socks for 69yrs of our 122yr existence, so technically it is the most worn sock colour.
I know why people want navy socks, I just don't like them and prefer light blue which is why I voted A, seems to be a more popular, view than I thought it was though.

2i24zly.png

looks like a horse racing kit haha

Home Kit: Blue shirt, White shorts, White socks

Away Kit: Red and Black striped shirt, Black shorts, Black socks

Third Kit: GO FUCKING MENTAL. No colour too extreme, i want clashes, high vis, Fuck it lets put lights on it.

white socks and we are same as lazio

we traditionally wear sky blue sock or navy socks and have wore navy the most

away traditional kit until 68 all maroon or maroon with white shorts, that is our proper away colour and we should return to it permamently.

Our first recorded 3rd strip was gold/yellow top maroon trim, maroon shorts and socks, but we have mainly had either white shirts with either black or blue shorts with the trim to match (eg saab 3rd away white shirt, black trim or the brother kit when white scored 4 at villa park white shirt navy trim)

all the recent away and 3rd strips bar the sash kit and the all maroon with gold etihad have been shite. we should get back to our proper kits of old.

Last edited:
Not sure about that. I think sky blue would win by some margin as they have been used a lot more in recent years whereas navy socks were predominantly used quite a long time ago.

I think most people (city and fans plus others) identify us as sky blue shirt, white shorts and sky blue socks.
Which is a real shame because we could look different to every club in the world if we had our navy socks that we've had more than any their sock colour in our history.

white socks and we are same as lazio

we traditionally wear sky blue sock or navy socks and have wore navy the most

away traditional kit until 68 all maroon or maroon with white shorts, that is our proper away colour and we should return to it permamently.

Our first recorded 3rd strip was god/yellow top maroon trim, maroon shorts and socks, but we have mainly had either white shirts with either black or blue shorts with the trim to match (eg saab 3rd away white shirt, black trim or the brother kit when white scored 4 at villa park white shirt navy trim)

all the recent away and 3rd strips bar the sash kit and the all maroon with gold etihad have been shite. we should get back to our proper kits of old.
I agree with that too.

Navy socks and maroon away kits are so few and far between they're getting forgotten about. Which is a real shame because to me those two things are very 'Manchester City'.

2i24zly.png

Thank you for counting, I counted years ago and forgot how many it was, I thought it was 74, as you say it's 69 and still about 25 years more than sky socks.

Nowt better than that combo, for me. Love it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.