2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

$_1.JPG

best kit we ever had, but if not them socks then navy blue with white trim

I still think this shirt and shorts;

7833072.jpg

And these socks;

David_Silva.jpg

I second that motion.

If not these socks, I am okay with many other choices, including navy socks, and I think I'm the only one who likes the sky blue and white hooped socks . . . but in the end I think the sky blue shirt/white trim/white shorts combo should be a permanent home identity.

Having said all this, if I don't get what I want, I'll be okay with it. Just a shame because I think consensus among the fan base is pretty high.

Done them without the trim and collars and cuffs etc. just to see if we can find the base colour scheme before we start on any more complicated.

For me, if i had to pick an 'iconic', 'unique' kit scheme ... it would be D. Remember the kit with Colin Bell and co in the early 70's ... even though i was born in the late 70's and didnt become a fan till the 80's, i never saw that kit, but that always stuck out to me as THE City kit and everything else was based on that scheme.

Fair enough mate. I think everyone is a bit misty eyed towards the kit they remember as a kid, myself included.

D doesn't feel unique or "City" to me at all. It just makes me think of Coventry.

As soon as I see C I just think Manchester City straight away, it couldn't possibly be any other team in the world.

Done them without the trim and collars and cuffs etc. just to see if we can find the base colour scheme before we start on any more complicated.

For me, if i had to pick an 'iconic', 'unique' kit scheme ... it would be D. Remember the kit with Colin Bell and co in the early 70's ... even though i was born in the late 70's and didnt become a fan till the 80's, i never saw that kit, but that always stuck out to me as THE City kit and everything else was based on that scheme.

Firstly base kits without trim is all that's needed - adding trim is pointless because kit manufacturers will change that every year, they have to make the shirt slightly different every year to sell them!
We need to just get the base kit colour template decided on then stick with it!

Secondly... you prefer D? All sky blue wasn't worn till the mid/late 70's not early... I find it more 'unique' to Coventry than City, and Colin Bell is more famous for wearing the kit with white shorts and sky blue socks, with maroon turnovers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.