2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

Is it 100% genuine we will have them next year? Can't go by one nomark website

That website has got it right the last 3 or 4 years mate, I think it's solid. If you read the article it says Nike are making us fit in with their Euro 2016 design of matching shirt and shorts. Imagine that happening at any other top 4 side in the Premier League - the kit manufacturer fucking with their identity every alternate season.

Imagine Puma giving Arsenal red shorts next season. Or adidas giving the Shite red shorts. Or Liverpool white? It just would never happen in a million years.

Those clubs have an identity and the manufacturers are told to respect that. Seemingly our execs just tell Nike "Do whatever you want, it's only little ol City", it's a fucking joke.

That website has got it right the last 3 or 4 years mate, I think it's solid. If you read the article it says Nike are making us fit in with their Euro 2016 design of matching shirt and shorts. Imagine that happening at any other top 4 side in the Premier League - the kit manufacturer fucking with their identity every alternate season.

Imagine Puma giving Arsenal red shorts next season. Or adidas giving the Shite red shorts. Or Liverpool white? It just would never happen in a million years.

Those clubs have an identity and the manufacturers are told to respect that. Seemingly our execs just tell Nike "Do whatever you want, it's only little ol City", it's a fucking joke.

It does annoy me..maybe not as much as you but I get where you're coming from

For me it's navy socks too..but that's just a generational thing I think..plus the sky blue shirt..white shorts and navy socks combo looks good too

It's not really about identity though is it? It's about preference. We have worn blue before (I remember blue shorts in the 70s but perhaps we wore them even before that) including in our title winning season. I seem to remember the rags also wearing black shorts at times.

Personally prefer white shorts but not that bothered either way. More interested in how all the kit looks together.

Our owners a fucking joke???? Mmmm - you know best i suppose

It does annoy me..maybe not as much as you but I get where you're coming from

For me it's navy socks too..but that's just a generational thing I think..plus the sky blue shirt..white shorts and navy socks combo looks good too

It's not really about identity though is it? It's about preference. We have worn blue before (I remember blue shorts in the 70s but perhaps we wore them even before that) including in our title winning season. I seem to remember the rags also wearing black shorts at times.

Personally prefer white shorts but not that bothered either way. More interested in how all the kit looks together.

Bish, I prefer navy blue socks too. Been saying it since 2008. The club seem to have completely forgotten this element of our identity, despite it being our colour socks for over 80 years. Someone at the club doesn't like them, so it seemingly doesn't matter what the fans think.

Knaresborough, it is 100% about identity for me. It's just as big a part of our identity as the badge. We have worn blue shorts in the 70s, although it was a bit before my time. I spoke with @Gary James about this, he's obviously more clued up than me, and apparrently that was at the behest of Umbro at the time and Swales just let them do whatever they wanted. I'm sure Gary could elaborate better.

I actually asked Gary a few weeks ago if he would be interested in getting involved with a consultation about the kit colours of MCFC. He did such a fantastic job with the badge, I thought it would be great for fans to learn more about the history of the different elements of the kit. Gary said if it was a consultation from the club he'd be happy to get involved.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that the club may well open another "Cityzens" consultation midway through next season asking for fans to feedback which colours the fans feel best represent City.

They know the blue shorts are hugely unpopular, so I think they may well have allowed them next season on purpose. If we had a kit we all loved no one would be bothered to get involved in the consultation. If there was something fans felt strongly about (blue shorts) they're be more likely to get involved.

It's a guaranteed way to increase casual "Cityzens" membership. Give the fans something they don't want and then charge them £10 to be able to vote to change it.

I've been so happy about the badge consultation that the club seemingly had finally started listening to fans, but going back to blue shorts is a huge move in the other direction. The club knows full well they are unpopular, they're not fooling anyone this time.

Last edited:
Our owners a fucking joke???? Mmmm - you know best i suppose

Don't try and put words in my mouth mate. We've got the best owners in the world by an absolute mile. I don't think for one minute Sheikh Mansour is making a decision on our shorts!!

It's probably the same hapless marketing execs who designs the City Football Group logo who decided to allow blue shorts.

It'll be for a season,not life

You're right mate, but they do it every alternate season now. It doesn't happen at any other big club, they wouldn't stand for it. The fans don't want it to happen here either but the club just let the manufacturer get on with doing whatever they want.

If the article is true we're going to have blue shirts, blue shorts and white socks next season. For the first time in our history. The club is 120 years old.

We should be a bit past experimenting with our colours by now, we're not a Sunday League team.

You're right mate, but they do it every alternate season now. It doesn't happen at any other big club, they wouldn't stand for it. The fans don't want it to happen here either but the club just let the manufacturer get on with doing whatever they want.

If the article is true we're going to have blue shirts, blue shorts and white socks next season. For the first time in our history. The club is 120 years old.

We should be a bit past experimenting with our colours by now, we're not a Sunday League team.

I agree, it is a bit second rate and lower division, swapping and changing a major part of the clubs kit every other year.
Is this report right though? It seems really early to be making decisions on kits for next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.