2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

I agree, it is a bit second rate and lower division, swapping and changing a major part of the clubs kit every other year.
Is this report right though? It seems really early to be making decisions on kits for next season.

I know a guy who works in the industry and he said the end of November / beginning of December is when the big clubs release the designs to the manufacturers in the far east. The website has had the info on our kit for the last few years, so unfortunately I'd expect it to be right. :-(

That website has got it right the last 3 or 4 years mate, I think it's solid. If you read the article it says Nike are making us fit in with their Euro 2016 design of matching shirt and shorts. Imagine that happening at any other top 4 side in the Premier League - the kit manufacturer fucking with their identity every alternate season.

Imagine Puma giving Arsenal red shorts next season. Or adidas giving the Shite red shorts. Or Liverpool white? It just would never happen in a million years.

Those clubs have an identity and the manufacturers are told to respect that. Seemingly our execs just tell Nike "Do whatever you want, it's only little ol City", it's a fucking joke.

For what it's worth, the same website is saying Bayern is going to white shorts next season.

I have to agree with you that it wouldn't seem hard for the club to stipulate white shorts for us, and I think they should too. But if we're in blue, it'll be irritating but not devastating to me.

For what it's worth, the same website is saying Bayern is going to white shorts next season.

I have to agree with you that it wouldn't seem hard for the club to stipulate white shorts for us, and I think they should too. But if we're in blue, it'll be irritating but not devastating to me.

Yeh I agree mate, it won't be devastating, but it will be irritating.

The thing that's most irritating though, is that that the club know full well blue shorts are unpopular with a significant majority of our fans, yet they let it happen every other season.

Couldnt give two fucks what colour the shorts are really. Im 40 yrs old and not going to buy a pair, they look like basketball shorts these days anyway, nothing shorts about them. I wear shorts all the time, these efforts players footballers wear these days may as well be called longs. Put a pair of them on and we would look like cunts, so dont. Colour not important, we wear blue shirts

Everyone's up in arms about a pair of shorts but welcome the global expansion of CFG, where we change teams' entire colours and even their name! As long as the blue is city blue and it's the predominant colour, that's good enough for me. It's not that pivotal a decision. Besides, there'll be another new one 12 months after for everyone to moan about!

Utter nonsense - we should stay true to the vibe of the club ....... White shorts all the way....!

Would you not be arsed if they changed the shirts to red, you know, being a grown man and all?

Agree Shaleum ..... its The key part of our identity ........ not necessarily going to wear it but as a grown man I dont want us llooking like the The Dirt or anyonyone else for that matter...

I want the kit to look like the great teams of the 60s

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.