2019 or 2022?

We've had a couple, although in the champions League not the premier. Spurs at home and Madrid away. Spurs at home was a killer. Going mental, last gasp winner, Spurs players collapsed on the ground and then it was ruled out. Madrid away, game almost over, a two goal lead, then we're out. Gutting.
Yeah hideous

Definitely 2022 for me because it was all about preserving our legacy when faced with the possibility of an over hyped and arrogant Liverpool doing better than us despite not being a better team.

This is a great point, actually, and more should really have been made of it. If we'd lost out to Liverpool in the title race (but we assume they'd still have been beaten by Madrid a week later), then over the last five seasons, we'd have won three titles to their two, but they'd have had a Champions League when we don't, and we'd each have managed a domestic treble.

I don't think our extra Carabao Cups would have counted for much in the eyes of pundits, so we and Liverpool would at best have been bracketed as more or less equal. However, I think many media observers would have used Liverpool's better European record as a reason to claim that they'd been the best side of the era.

Instead, our four titles out of five plus five domestic cups are compared with their single domestic title, single CL and two domestic cups. That gives a much more accurate picture and, as you say, protects our legacy. I agree with you that we're definitely the better side and I'm delighted we ensure that the record books show it.

2019 was dominant, pedal to the metal showcasing our elite skill and talent.

2022 was more running on fumes to the finish line with so many injuries, players playing at 70% but showcases the heart of the club, the players and management.

Both special in their own way.

Agree with other posters. This year's final day was dramatic and heartpounding. But 2019 was sheer agony for the final 4 months or so. Knowing one slip would cost us and the scouse shits would win it. Here we had more leeway - we could draw with West Ham (and could even have lost) and still got it done. Incredible achievement this year, but 2019 pips it for me.

We've had a couple, although in the champions League not the premier. Spurs at home and Madrid away. Spurs at home was a killer. Going mental, last gasp winner, Spurs players collapsed on the ground and then it was ruled out. Madrid away, game almost over, a two goal lead, then we're out. Gutting.

I was at that Spurs game. Honestly, by time I’d left the stadium I was already over it. Really don’t get why loads of people are still arsed about it.

Same with the Madrid game, I was over it pretty quick after turning the telly off.

The champs league just doesn’t compare to the prem. It’s a rung above the FA / Carabao cups but nowhere near as important as the league for me.

2022 was a proper run-in with twists and turns, we played each other, we were top/they were top/we were top, both dropped points, the drama feeling of doom of dropping points and then the elation when the opponent does the same the next week while the other wins… it’s more of a rollercoaster.

2019 was just WWWWWWWWW for one club and WWWWWWWWWWWWWW for the other.

2019 was a better achievement for both teams, especially City, to win that many games in a row. But as a title run-in, the twists and turns, games against the opponent, and dropped points makes for a much more dramatic run-in.
They were never properly top - just the way the fixtures turned out, they sometimes played before us.

Definitely 2022 for me because it was all about preserving our legacy when faced with the possibility of an over hyped and arrogant Liverpool doing better than us despite not being a better team.
There was never any doubt who was the better team, the only thing that was going to stop us was fatigue.

That for me was one of the main reasons in losing to Real Madrid but the response to that defeat was without doubt, MAGNIFICENT, incredibly strong mental resolve and courage.

2019 was the most intense series of games I have ever witnessed in any sport, and getting across the line as winners again destroyed the heart and minds of the scousers, like this year, finishing second hurt them, hurt their soul, LOVELY.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.