2019 or 2022?

gordondaviesmoustache

Which was your favourite title run-in?

For me, really close call. 2019 was my favourite title win prior to this season just gone, but I’m now really undecided.

In 2019, we were like a machine. And we had the Kompany goal. And the last day at Brighton was magical. The whole day. What a place to win the league. Plus, all the other stuff we won, weighed against the crushing disappointment of the Spurs game.

2022 had a far more dramatic denouement, and we faltered a little more, although at times in the run-in our football was peak-Pep imo. Wolves away springs to mind. As a backdrop, two of our cup exits were hugely disappointing.

Both were utterly incredible.

It’s a really tough call!

2019 was better.

We played better, beat tough opponents and won 14 in a row, unlike this run-in where points were dropped every now and then. Both seasons show that we are good at chasing as well as leading the table against a relentless team. Outstanding achievement to win them both.
They were both outstanding achievements. Those who questioned the fortitude of this group of players should have a long hard look at themselves.

They are winners and warriors.

Which was your favourite title run-in?

For me, really close call. 2019 was my favourite title win prior to this season just gone, but I’m now really undecided.

In 2019, we were like a machine. And we had the Kompany goal. And the last day at Brighton was magical. The whole day. What a place to win the league. Plus, all the other stuff we won, weighed against the crushing disappointment of the Spurs game.

2022 had a far more dramatic denouement, and we faltered a little more, although at times in the run-in our football was peak-Pep imo. Wolves away springs to mind. As a backdrop, two of our cup exits were hugely disappointing.

Both were utterly incredible.

It’s a really tough call!
2019 Still exhausted till this day, what an incredible run that was, not until most of us are long gone will the testimony of that team be recognised, it was a monumental effort.

Watching it as said was exhausting, I would not like to think the pressure and intensity the management and players were under.

2019 Still exhausted till this day, what an incredible run that was, not until most of us are long gone will the testimony of that team be recognised, it was a monumental effort.

Watching it as said was exhausting, I would not like to think the pressure and intensity the management and players were under.
Agree about their place in history. It was truly incredible. Winning 14 games on the run is an incredible achievement at any level. To have to win them at the business end of the season, when every win was required, and to deliver that; what an unbelievable sporting achievement.

The final game made this season incredible, but overall 2019 was just outstanding. I mean they both were really but to win so many games to clinch it was an unbelievable achievement. We also beat the dippers to give ourselves that chance. This season to cope with so many injuries defensively and still do it deserves credit. The back 4 was chopped and changed and as per usual little media acknowledgement of that. Stones and Ferny at RB v Real. Ferny and Laporte at CB for Wolves, West Ham and Villa. Imagine the dippers without Van Dijk and Trent for key games. Their excuses would already be written.

They were both outstanding achievements. Those who questioned the fortitude of this group of players should have a long hard look at themselves.

They are winners and warriors.
2-0 down, 20 mins to go? Game must be won? Bah, piece of piss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.